Am I being over sensitive??

Helga1980

Visit site
I've been asked to join the RC team for an area qualifier later this month, not major but important to me. For various reasons I've started bringing M in overnight (with company) to help prepare. I discussed this change with my YO, instructor and his owner and am fully confident that what I am doing suits him

A 'friend' at the same yard has sent me the below text message:

Caught M doing a little windsuck last night, not sure being in with little hay is going him any good. You need to nip it in the bud.

No-one but this person has seen any evidence of windsucking and he normally has some haylage left in the morning so not sure where the 'little hay' comes from. He is a little grumpy and will pull faces and bite his door if another horse goes past (does this in field as well), so she could have mistaken this action for windsucking?

Am I being over sensitive to be upset by this? Should I just pull myself together? Is it really any of her business? M is happy, healthy and showing no signs of stress (YO would spot even if I didn't!)

Sorry for being pathetic
blush.gif

helenandshadow

Visit site
No you're not being over sensitive, i would be upset/p*ssed off too but no it's not any of her business so just try to ignore her. I brought my mare in last night, some horses are in at night all year round and as for him hot having enough hay-if he has some left in the morning then obviously he does have enough.

Try not to get upset about it xx

tarzipan06

Visit site
iuHas she been picked for the team...?? if not, possibly jealousy, ignore, if no one else has any complaints then leave it at that. If it is a major issue (which I'm sure its not) then YO would surely broach you.
Smacks to me like green eyed monster.
ooo.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Definitely jealously, ignore it!

I know it’s hard not taking things people say to heart, I do all the time but it does sound like this person is just stirring.

Helga1980

Visit site
Thanks everyone - she did express an interest in joining the team and wasn't choosen so that could be an aspect.

Even though I know I'm not doing anything wrong here it did make me question myself! Was even worse as I saw her on Friday morning and she didn't say anything but then text me on Friday evening!

Oh, and there was me thinking that our yard had no bitchiness
tongue.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
on the other hand, I would want to know if someone 'thought' they had seen my horse windsucking.
Not sure her suggestion at the end was terribly helpful though! Maybe have a chat to her and see what she saw and be interested to see what she says.....

Helga1980

Visit site
Don't get me wrong, if anyone on the yard saw M doing something like windsucking (or even thought they did) I would want them to tell me.

It just upset me that she didn't say anything to my face in the morning and then sent a text that basically said what I was doing wasn't good for him.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Tell her you're very pleased because before, your horse also box-walked, cribbed and would weave ceaselessly, hay or no hay and for him to be only windsucking now is very good news and a big improvement!

Good luck with the competition.

not_with_it

Visit site
Some people just like to stick their noses in, its a fact of life. I used to get upset and angry when one of the liveries said that my horse wasnt well behaved and needed hitting. She openly admitted to 'disciplining' my horse. Now Gin can be cheeky at times but she is never nasty and with a sharp 'NO' when she gets a bit excited she soon calms down.

You have every right to be upset but you know your horse better than anyone else, do you think he is unhappy?

Helga1980

Visit site
Brighteyes - you've bought a real smile to my face with that suggestion!!

nat1003 - he's showing no signs of being unhappy that I, my YO or any other livery can see. He's always waiting at the gate to be bought in, has a groom and his tea and then munches through his haylage while watching the world go by. If he is showing any signs of stress she must be the only one who can see them!