am i just the worst owner in the world (i felt like it)

miss_bird

Visit site
Well i went to cleanout the water trough yesterday after a week (i know suposed to do each day but who really does) anyway this field is only used to put my mare and foal in to feed away from the others then she is put back out so prob does not go near the trough, but threw first bucket of water out and as the water moved down the bath along floated two dead mice from under the metal sheeting that covers the ball cock.
I just felt so bad that they could of been there for a few day and my poor horse could of wanted a drink. Am i the worst owner ever

ruscara

Visit site
I wouldn't feel too bad, really. There is always gunky stuff in the water, however much you try to keep it clean. And all our horses drink from it the moment they go out, despite having clean fresh water in their stables. When you think about what they eat along with the grass, I don't expect they're too fussy!
tongue.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Dont worry it just adds to the flavour
tongue.gif

Joking aside though our trough is under a tree so gets filled up with all kinds (even a dead bird once) even though we try and clean it out every other day and our horses still drink out of it.

I'm sure they dont mind considering they eat grass and mud all day long.