Am I Reading This Right?

JessPickle

Visit site
that is very shocking, that cant be legal! and why do that I am sure they wouldnt with humans!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
sorry if iam being extra thinck but what is wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you should look at it a bit closer! pink is mum, blue dad!

RachelB

Visit site
Bear in mind there are a lot of mistakes on there, some of it is just guesses as to what parents are!
My friends anglo arab is that closely in-bred too, By Scindian Magician (Scindian Magic X Sweet Maid), out of Magician's dam Sweet Maid. This is according to his papers, too!
Not right at all...

amage

Visit site
it's called line breeding...i'm just starting to study it in college. can't remember specifics now but when i do i'll post!

MillionDollar

Visit site
Yeh very EWWWW but it does happen.

Friends yearling colt jumped over 3 fences and covered his mother one year later little Amber was born!!! eewww, she was quite ugly too, lol.

Also have NF mare with in-bred breeding, suppose thay can't help it though as she was from the forest.

And don't forget many dogs and especially cats are very in-bred. One of our cats unfortunately had a litter of kittens with her dad!!! yuk! although they were very pretty, lol.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
It happens in all sorts of animals, the problems which come from this in dogs are things like progrssive retinal atrophy which leads to blindness, hip displacia and a variety of other problems. The real difficulties are with any recessive gene diseases, which are more likely when the gene pool is so restricted. This also happens with very closed communities of people!

Olliedog

Visit site
I've heard of line breeding, but I thought that half-sibling to half-sibling was about as close as you were meant to get?
confused.gif

I laughed when I saw its name though...maybe they got its two heads mixed up?(I know, I know, bad joke, I'll go now..
crazy.gif
)
Actually, now I think about it, maybe the reason for the name is that the wrong mare was covered??
frown.gif

Fairynuff

Visit site
Youre right Dorey. iInbreeding is a bit touch and go if its brother sister but father daughter is usually okay. The father has only half the genetic pool of his daughter so its more acceptable than a mating with both parents having the exact same genetic pool. Most dog pedigrees will be found to have line breeding AND many TB pedigrees. A bit like us marrying our first cousins! Mairi.