Am I teaching my horse bad habits?

Highmileagecob

Visit site
Years ago, my daughter rode out daily during the school summer holiday with an older lady from our yard. When she was back at school, and I took the cob out, he turned right at the top of the lane, through the pub car park and stopped at the front door steps. Turned out they had been riding up the lane to collect lunch from the pub every day before heading out.

Cloball

Visit site
When I was a teen and we rode to the pub the yard owner would get a Guinness for her Arab, my pony was partial to Fanta summer fruits.

Boulty

Visit site
The orange one visited many pubs, although his manners whilst there sometimes left a lot to be desired! At one pub he pulled a huge branch down off s willow tree because he fancied a snack & left a few hoof prints in the grass. We had ice cream & the waitress wasn't keen to come anywhere near to give us it. We also crashed a wedding reception once by accident but luckily the bride & groom thought the horses were amazing!

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I was planning on replacing the duct tape with red electrical tape, whenever I remember to buy some! Cheap, but slightly classier. I had duct tape to hand at the yard, since it lives in my horsey first-aid kit.

Yes, yes, of course you had duct tape*.

* All serial killers do.

Visit site
GrayMo is partial to a bottle of orange lucozade every so often. I probably shouldn't give it to him as he is like a hyperactive toddler on multiple E numbers on a good day!

I have pink unicorn duct tape and well as day of the dead stuff ??

I can't find a pic of my day of the dead stuff!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220417-123924_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220417-123924_Facebook.jpg
    870.6 KB · Views: 24

Pippity

Visit site
They shouldn't be that close, but he was fine. The straps slid down on that ride. I have since secured them with duct tape. This is about where they should be. You can almost see the duct tape.

I use plaiting bands to stop my browband slipping down, if that would work for you? Possibly a bit neater than electrical tape.