AM I totally mad??

beaconhorse

Visit site
I am doing prelim 18 on Sunday it will be our first dressage on grass for over a year.

Last time we got a hideious 38% Judges comments were 'VERY well and patently ridden. He made things about as difficult as he could.
Horse needs to learn to carry himself not expect the rider to carry him. We ended up all over the place including outside the white boards more than once
blush.gif

I don't normally ride him in a snaffle at shows and on grass as they just don't mix. Don't get me wrong sometimes he is a star and sometimes he just gets so excited and can't hear me.

He is fine indoors

We have been concerntrating on showing and jumping this year but thought as it was the last show of the season we would have a go

My friend says I am suicidle
blush.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Don't worry Dee, last one I did with Pidge he decided to pay more attention to the mares and foals in the field next to the arena - the tart LOL! our comment was - would rather have been in the field today, how embarrassing
blush.gif

Pidge

Visit site
We could have our own dressage competition - who can complete the test in the quickest time LOL I only plait if I have time and have done a couple without plaiting him and it really doesn't matter at all, though will have to plait on Sunday as his mane is rather long and is in desperate need of pulling
blush.gif
. They're very relaxed and friendly about the whole thing and really want to encourage people. I'm sponsoring the beginners dressage for junior and seniors, one in memory of Dave and one in memory of Higgs xx

beaconhorse

Visit site
Thanks. Itis lovely you are sponsoring those. We sponsor the M&M class at penkridge which was Emma's class and local show. We bought a lovely trophy too it has written on it 'The Emma Rogers Mountain and moorland memorial trophy'

I had dreamed of winning it on her Sec D but instead I win the ridden hunter on Beacon lol

shadowboy

Visit site
Good luck- i know the feeling- have had a few incidences where ive have been politely asked to leave the arena even though we went even in it!

But it does get better with time!