Am looking for the perfect horse (!!!) anyone know one 4 sale??

claire1976

Visit site
So- after managing to find a home for my sisters devil horse that needed far more schooling than she first thought, she is now looking for a happy hacker.
She's looking for a 15-16hh mare or gelding, 5-13 years old who's safe and sensible without being too boring.
She's looking to pay upto £1500, not too concerned with breed or colour, just needs a nice temperament.
If anyone know's of anything local to us (Derbyshire/South Yorks) please PM me.
grin.gif

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
can't get any of those links to work. I think that £1500 sounds very cheap. There are some good horses (sounds like you found one already), but few and far between.

RunToEarth

Visit site
I know a lovely little horse from S.Yorks that will suit this person down to the ground and upto the sky, but not for anything like £1500, I havn't seen a good horse priced at that since Bertha's day...

Agent XXX999

Visit site
I really dont think that £1500 is bad for a happy hacker...you might get a old (like 18) schoolmaster for her, I would look at ads for horses for £2k and make an offer...i offer on any horse I go and see. I do think that horses are a bit overpriced nowdays (guilty as charged) You coud probably find a hice hairy cob for that money. Where are you?

filly190

Visit site
I dont know of anything in your area, the price band you are looking for does'nt come up very often but dont give up.

I bought a wonderful ex eventer for £1000, tack, rugs etc she was 15 and now 21 and still going strong. They wanted a quieter life for her, meaning she was getting a little old for what they wanted to do.

Word of mouth and being less fussy on age helps, I am sure with time and effort you will find a wonderful horse.

MagicMelon

Visit site
For £1500, you'll have to expect to either do a lot of re-schooling (ie. the horse has issues) or a lot of bringing on a green horse. You wont find anything particularily decent for that price anymore! Although you could maybe pick up something like an ex-eventer who for vet reasons, couldnt jump anymore or something?

claire1976

Visit site
I understand what people are saying about price but I agree that horses are well overpriced nowadays. I wouldn't think twice of spending double that for a horse I was going to compete or show with but £1500 is perfectly reasonable for a horse thats going to spend 99% of the time hacking out at a walk/trot and odd canter.
We've been to look at a couple today around this price but not quite right. We'll keep looking and am confident we'll get something. Age isn't a huge issue if the horse has had a steady life, wouldn't buy an 18 yr old that had been competing all its life as limbs would have been under pressure for too long.

x_Hannah_x

Visit site
A happy hacker for £1500 is easy, my first pony was FANTASTIC, best pony ever, £700. true she was a pony but still, many people I know have done it. It may take a while but hang on in there and youll find it.