Amateur FB pages

Quadro

Visit site
I suppose the amateur thread got me thinking. Everyone seems to have an fb page these days, bla bla eventing etc, even if they are jumping 80cm. I totally get that they are harmless, and if it males them happy, then they are a good thing. They often contain updates etc which are all positive, and quizs etc. I would really struggle with constant self promotion, but wanted others thoughts?

paddi22

Visit site
I know some people just set them up as a kind of diary. Other set them up so their non horsey friends aren't bombarded with horse pictures!
I know a few who have them and it kind of puts them under a bit of pressure as they seem to feel there are 1000's of eyes watching, who care if they have a fall or do badly. I find it much easier just to keep off the radar and keep a low profile!

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I have a horsey instagram that I update fairly regularly as a kind of online diary. It's a really nice way of documenting progress, and if I'm having a wobble it's nice to be able to look back and see how far we've come. That said, I try to post about the good and the bad, in case others are following as I'd hate for anyone to think everything is rosy 100% of the time.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I started Millie's page as a diary because my own FB page was just wall to wall Millie updates. It was also a good way to share with HAPPA the things she got up to.

Now she's retired and living the life of riley... my own FB is just wall to wall Kira and Salty updates! resistance is futile, I guess... if you are FB friends with me you will just get a training diary of the orange girls instead :p