Amazing oppurtunity but how will it work?

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
My head is all over the place
Basically my trainer Kelly North is an eventer for the new zealand team. Shes been over in england for 3years competing and training me but she lost her visa and couldnt get another and so is now back in NZL for good. She emailed me saying she would like me to come over there for a year, she has two top horses for me to ride and compete, one of which she says is her next olympic horse. She also says she'll buy me my own little project to bring on while im over there.
Brilliant oppurtunity.
But what do i do with Rock? If i take him over there would the trip be too stressful? If i turn him away to go over there will he forget me? Will he think i've abandoned him? Hes my best mate, could i really be apart from him for so long? I just don't know if i could.

CastleMouse

Visit site
That is an amazing oppurtunity, but such a tough decision, go with your gut instinct is all I can say sorry
frown.gif

Honeypots

Visit site
I say go. Your horse will not forget you - its only a year out of how many that he'll be around?! and by the sounds of it , as you say, it may even do him some good.How often does someone get such an opportunity? - you're very lucky.
grin.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Wow, you just have to go, that's the kind of opportunity the rest of us could only dream about.
I'm sure Rock will be fine, have you got a trusted friend who could look after him for you?

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Wow, what an opportunity. I think if you pass this chance by you'll regret it. As you say, turning Rocky away might do him some good, and as others have said, he'll not forget you.
I'm really pleased for you to have this chance...just get in there and grab it with both hands!!!
grin.gif

Sooty

Visit site
This is the way I see it. Opportunities like the one you have been offered usually only come along in horsey novels, not in real life. Grab it with both hands! It really is the opportunity of a lifetime, and if the only thing stopping you is Rocky then sit down and work out what to do with him. Maybe you could turn him away for three months, then reassess the situation. Whatever, do go to NZ!

M

madabout2

Go Girl go!!!

Put Rocky on loan - there are good loanees out there (I' m one!)

Don't take him - it's too far.

Pick up the phone now and say " ok where's my ticket!"

baybeejay01

community.webshots.com
I agree with all of the above!! Trust me, if you don' take this opportunity, you really will regret it for the rest of your life! You are only young once and when you are older with a family and a mortgage you will never be able to do it again. You're a much longer time old than young.
frown.gif

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
I don't event here yet, my first eventer went psycho and started flipping himself on people and my current eventer is only 5 i bought as a 4yo and trained myself and is now lame so we miss our first event.
Shes trained me on my youngster for about a year and said she really admired my way of riding and would like me to ride 2of hers, 1is a 3yo half brother of her longlisted athens ride who she says is her next superstar and the other is an 8yo 17hh.
The other question is, can i really tear myself away from rocky for so long? I was with him tonight and he was sooooo soppy and cuddly with me, how cud i leave him.

Weezy

Visit site
Horses come and go, opportunities like this DONT !!!!

Seriously, Rock could be lame for a year (God forbid he isnt but you never know with horses) - blooming well bite your instructors hand off!

loopeepee

Visit site
OMG!!! Are you mad!! That is the most a amazing opportunity ever, grad it as soon as you can. There are a number of things you could do with Rocky, turn him away, loan him out etc.
Dont let it pass you by - I was bite your left and your right arm off, most would! Go go go!

loopeepee

Visit site
Well there you go hun! Turn him away for a year, he wont forget you, honestly. If I was you, I would be booking my tickets tomorrow and getting paper work sorted to fly over there asap! She has emailed asking you to go over there .... she wants you! You will have the most amazing time Im sure of it.... (can you tell Im a iota jealous!!)