amazing people helping after losing my beloved pokey

LouHardwick

Visit site
i cannot bring myself to write too much but I really cannot say how amazed i am at the kindness of "strangers". from the most amazing pm's to the entire response to the most painful post i have ever had to make, all i can say is thankyou. It is not a big enough word, but you guys are making this awful process a bit more bearable...no-one none horsey understands the immense pain of losing an equine best friend..
I really am overwhelmed by your kind thoughts and really detailed replies which make sense of my pain.

im sorry to waffle, i dont really know what i am saying, but needed to express ( very badly i know) my immense gratitude for you all..
thank you

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
It is a very sad time for you, no need for thanks. There are a great many of us that have gone through loosing a much loved horse, not easy. Take care, time is a healer.

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
I've never lost a horse but after the traumas we went through with sidney I can only imagine as to your pain.
Time does heal but at least on here people do understand and no matter what you want to post, whether it be about your memories or your heartache people are here to listen.
Thinking of you.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
No need to thank anyone we are all here for you when ever! Big Hugs from me and in time it will hurt less and less! think of the best memories as they are very precious things xxx

FinellaGlen

Visit site
I am glad that you are able to take a little comfort from your fellow HHOers. You have my utmost sympathy and I hope that you are managing to cope as well as you can today xx

gemmahodgkinson

Visit site
i think you are so brave, you are doing the right thing talking to people and getting some support. i cant imagine what you are going through but am sending you lots of love and hugs. xxxx

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
^^^^^^^^ what they have all said!

And please do remember when you are feeling down that on here so many people will be here for you; to listen, to sympathise, to grieve with you and then to try to cheer you up and help you look towards the brighter side of loving horses.

However you are feeling, please share and receive support because today or tomorrow or next week it may help you feel better but weeks, months or years down the line you may well be able to understand someone else's grief and horror and be able to reach out and help them through.

Best wishes for a peaceful day

samuelhorse

Visit site
I only wish i could do something to make it better for you and take all the hurt away till you are left with good memories of Pokey.

I can only imagine how awful it must be to lose a best friend.
x

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Your heart must really ache. I know ours did when we lost a horse through a tragic accident. We bought a small wooden horse , with string tail and mane and tops of legs . He is hanging in our horsebox cab and comes to the shows with us , to watch over us and remind us how sad life can be.
It will get easier but never go away, my thought are with you.

Thistle

Visit site
No need for thatnks, it's all part of the service.

Hope you are coping as well as possible and remember if you want to talk there are lots of us who will listen.

Weezy

Visit site
Losing a horse is never easy, but when they are young it hurts like hell - I lost my 4 year old, just died, literally, eating in the paddock one day
frown.gif

Time will heal, remember the good times.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I never normally post on these sorts of things, but having read some of your previous posts before this happened, it was plainly obvious just how much you loved your horse, this must be so hard for you.

Hope you are doing OK.

soph21

Visit site
I dont even know what to say to you, I was in tears reading you're post last night.
I ditto what the others have said.
I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.

Lots of hugs
xxx

Gorgeous George

Visit site
I have never lost a horse so I can only begin to imagine how bereft you must feel - my heart really goes out to you. Keep on here, keep 'talking' to people, it might just help a little bit.
{{hugs}}

JaneMBE

Visit site
It really helps having the forum, just little words of comfort or a hug mean everything (I know, having been here twice
frown.gif
)

Hope the pain eases soon for you x

jellyshake

Visit site
I found it helped me to realise that other people had been through it and understood the awful pain I was feeling. And now i can feel that pain in your writing and understand how desolate and lost you feel and how bloody helpless. If somehow my posting can take away just a teeny bit of your pain then I feel it is the least i can do for a fellow horselover.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Its very difficult to make sense of why these things happen and especially at such a young age, you are left feeling robbed of so many more years together. I too have lost my beloved TB in a tragic accident and he died in my arms which was possibly the worse day in my life. I can assure you that over time, little by little the hurt will ease, and at some stage in the future, you will be able to empathise and offer experienced support to someone who desperately needs it.

If I were able, I would take your tears and hurt away. We will always be here to help, comfort and support you in good times and bad.

My neds will have an extra strong hug from me tonight in memory of Pokey.

My heart goes out to you hun.

Helen xxxxxxxxx

carys220

Visit site
There's not much I can say as everyone else already has....just remember the good times and the times she made you laugh.
Remember there will always be some on the forum for you to talk to.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

sarahrees

www.myspace.com
We all love the same thing on here xxx
And we are one when we have good times to share and we are one when someone needs a helping hand.
So Huge Hugs and there is no need to say thank you because we all stand together.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Allykat

Visit site
There are people on here who understand exactly what you are feeling (me included
frown.gif
) and there are people who can only imagine the pain, but we are all here for the same reason.

Talking will help as much as time will heal. Remember the good times!!

MarinaBay

Visit site
Hugs to you. You do not need to thank any of us, we are all here for you and hope to make tha pain that little bit easier for you. Your right no body none horsey can even begin to imagine how it feels loosing your equine buddy. Its like loosing a soul mate a piece of your heart. I am sure you gave her a wonderful life the time you had with her. Remember we are all here. Hugs xx