American ranch holidays

JaneyB

Visit site
We are considering this for next year, so far i've looked at www.ranchrider.com and got their brochure, which is good.

Anyone any other suggestions? I'm not sure whether we'll do the true live on a live ranch holiday, or one where we partake in bits and also do other activities.

eekmon

Visit site
A friend of mine goes to the White Stallion ranch in Arizona every year www.wsranch.com ( I think, if not google it ) I don't think its a 'proper' cowboy ranch but you can ride till you drop, and I think does barrel racing ect!
wink.gif

eekmon

Visit site
Just a word of warning, she normally goes November time as it is really, really hot out there and check the temeratures for other times of the year though! It does look fabby!
grin.gif

JaneyB

Visit site
I'm not sure when we're going to go, as we're thinking we'd like to participate in ranch life we'll probably go when round up time takes place

Ash the arab

Visit site
I've been to the Tanque Verde ranch and Bellota Ranch - they are absolutely FAB!!!
Tanque Verde is a 'dude' type ranch but definately 5 star! Can't fault it.
Bellota is a working ranch that gives you a ttally different experience.
We did 4 days at TQ and 3 at B, which gave us the best of both worlds.
I had won the holiday through HORSE magazine and it was Ranch Rider that organized it all for us.
I could go on forever about how brilliant the holiday was, but i might bore you!
blush.gif

If you want anymore info pm me!

JaneyB

Visit site
Hi, that's interesting that it was through Ranch Rider, just got their brochure and it looks fab. I'd be interested to hear more so do PM me
grin.gif

JaneyB

Visit site
Ash did you do it through ranch rider? If so, I notice the holiday's either come as working ranches, guest ranches or resort ranches, and I notice that yours were all three, what did you do?

GinaB

Visit site
My boss is going to Wyoming next year for a real cattle drive, but all the money for it goes to ILPH, which I think is a great ideA. It's a week long I think, but you need to be over 18. Should take a wee look on ILPH website.