An apology to my yard owner

WestCoast

Visit site
I hearby apologise to my yard owner for any hurt I may have caused her for asking for advice on this forum about my horse.

I have always endeavoured to be fair and honest in what I have said.

Paula

BlackRider

Visit site
As a horse owner (particularly as its your first horse), you aren't doing anything wrong by asked for other people's advise.

FionaM12

Visit site
Oh dear. It's always wise to assume anyone you refer to may read posts on here. :eek: Especially if you have photos and use your own name.

Someone at my previous yard (which was lovely, and I'd never said otherwise) announced out of the blue that they were "irritated" by my posts on HHO. :eek: It made me very conscious that this is a popular forum and we can be recognised.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Yes that is true Fiona but I don't think Paula has said anything bad about the yard or yard owner.

As for that person saying your posts irritated. What a cheek!

FionaM12

Visit site
Yes that is true Fiona but I don't think Paula has said anything bad about the yard or yard owner.

As for that person saying your posts irritated. What a cheek!

Although I know Paula was very distressed at the time, I do remember her being upset with her yard on a recent thread about Bree's mouth problems, and being prompted by people here to move yards. I can imagine if I'd read that as a YO I could have felt quite hurt.

And yeah! :eek: Who could believe I could be irritating? ;):D

Flame_

Visit site
I hate these "I'm being watched and controlled" type threads.

Fair play if you genuinely need to apologize but this sounds a bit off to me.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I hate these "I'm being watched and controlled" type threads.

Fair play if you genuinely need to apologize but this sounds a bit off to me.

I didn't see the OPs thread so cannot comment on it, but I would broadly agree with what you say Flame.

However, as a yard owner I do get fed up with the amount of people on here (again, not talking about the OP) who comment on their yards and get told by all and sundry to "move yards asap" when we are only hearing one side of the tale and the YOs in question very rarely get a right of reply.

Doesn't bother me if my liveries ask for advice elsewhere (although with the type of yard I have people are usually bringing horses here FOR my input), but I would be upset if people on this forum were telling them to leave :(

goatbabies

Visit site
I've only recently joined this forum, and this is why I stay anonymous on here. My place of work (not where I keep my horses thankfully!) has a strict pecking order. Regardless of my many many years of horse experience, because I'm not one of the 'elite' on the yard, to them I know NOTHING! If they ever clocked me on here they would have great fun patrionising and bullying me!

I think this is a great forum, especially because I don't want to give my colleagues the satisfaction of asking for help or advice :p

FairyLights

Visit site
this thread illustrated why its a good idea never to use your real name nor your horses nor where you live on the internet. Its even best to not admit that you post on here or anywhere else. You can always say you lurk and read threads .
OP I suggest you contact TFC and change your username to something no-one will recognise you by and use a false name for your horse when posting. Then you can ask anything you like. Also remove any photos of your horse etc.

Last edited:

FionaM12

Visit site
I'm not going to quote as it wouldn't be helpful, but I really suggest people read Paula's own comments on her thread about Bree's post-dental work problems before commenting about whether an apology's in order.

I think I'd apologize too tbh! :eek:

FionaM12

Visit site
this thread illustrated why its a good idea never to use your real name nor your horses nor where you live on the internet. Its even best to not admit that you post on here or anywhere else. You can always say you lurk and read threads .
OP I suggest you contact TFC and change your username to something no-one will recognise you by and use a false name for your horse when posting. Then you can ask anything you like. Also remove any photos of your horse etc.

Fiona isn't my real name, but I don't keep it a secret that I post on here. If anyone recognises me, I don't really mind. But I never say anything personal about anyone.

A lot of members use an anonymous second ID to post about anything they think might case upset.

Achinghips

Visit site
What a shame you feel compelled to post this. You have named nobody. Hope this isn't the start or the continuance of your YO's interference or control over you. You are a person who has a right to their OWN opinions. You are the paying client for a Service, you are not paying for a direction of what to do or think .

Come back on under a different username to get away from her/him monitoring you via themselves or other liveries. Then think seriously, if you are happy where you are.

Last edited:

Flame_

Visit site
Haha, OK Fiona.

Paula you shouldn't be apologizing for asking for advice about your horse, or even for criticizing yard policies if they are the truth, but if you are going to say sorry, say sorry for insulting your YO on the internet!

FionaM12

Visit site
Haha, OK Fiona.

Paula you shouldn't be apologizing for asking for advice about your horse, or even for criticizing yard policies if they are the truth, but if you are going to say sorry, say sorry for insulting your YO on the internet!

Thank you. I felt like a lone voice there. ;)

Of course asking for advice is fine, anyone would be unreasonable and very controlling to say otherwise. But insulting someone who although not named, is identifiable, isn't really on IMO.

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
Everyone on here knows who I am after a few eventful threads ;)

I dont mind though I am quite easy to find on google searches anyway I even seem to have my own google images! :O

I dont post things on here that could ever hurt someone I know personally. I keep it very much my own opinions on trivial things rather that use it to dig and moan at people/yards I know :)

fizzer

Visit site
I would feel very peed off if I was the yard owner for the slating . In my opinion I would much rather be spoken to than moaned about behind my back/ forum.

TigerTail

Visit site
Arent forums a place to vent?! Surely we're all allowed to do that every now and then. I do feel this is an extenuation of the control on the OP by her yard, from her posts a lot of the time she has been made to feel like her horse isnt her own.......

If the YO felt obliged enough to put pressure on her to make a public apology, then she must have a guilty conscience to my mind.

Achinghips

Visit site
Was it the asking advice she didn't like, or the fact you called her a cow and mentioned the 'bloody groom' in your thread?

Oh dear - didn't realise that, that's a bit off! Perhaps though the YO will take this in her stride and reevalate her attitude to her paying clients and try to soften her approach.

Last edited:

Littlelegs

Visit site
I agree with fiona & rhino. Don't think op needs to go so far as to change user names, but perhaps in future it would be well to remember not to post about recognizable people when angry.

Shutterbug

Visit site
Which is why I've been suggesting people actually read the thread before commenting. ;)

I went off and read the thread - if the OP is being honest with her comments then I think the YO needs to adjust her approach to running her yard if thats how shes treating paying clients. If the OP is whinging without justification then apology due - guess we will never know though but if I read that as a YO I would be looking in before looking out.

Spring Feather

Visit site
Arent forums a place to vent?! Surely we're all allowed to do that every now and then.

If venting is what people choose to do on here then that's fine. Really it's up to each individual to decide how to use this forum. Some people on here may know who I am in real life, I've not covered anything up however I choose to be picky about what I post. H&H is not a closed forum and is not cut off from the rest of the world, so anyone can read what is written. Think of it as a horse newspaper ;) if you're happy to have your words in print then that's okay.

FionaM12

Visit site
I went off and read the thread - if the OP is being honest with her comments then I think the YO needs to adjust her approach to running her yard if thats how shes treating paying clients. If the OP is whinging without justification then apology due - guess we will never know though but if I read that as a YO I would be looking in before looking out.

Really? You wouldn't be hurt and angry at being called a cow and having your staff sworn about on a public forum? :confused: