an eventing lecture demo

lorenababbit

Visit site
have been asked to help organise a couple of these this winter so would like the answer to a couple of points. i will read all these but apologise for not replying to all as i am having web issues tonight!
1. who would you like to see? Established stars like jeanette brakewell or newer one like sharon hunt?

2. would it be more intersting to have a couple of people like for example olli townend and matt wright (if you could get them!). Would a woman and a man be more interesting and help persuade the younger members of both sexes to come?

3. what sort of thing do you like to see? Trianing excercises, working with real riders on their own horses, riding problem horses, their on trining philosophy?

All ideas and comments apprieciated xx

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Hmm set me thinking. Come to the conclusion that personally think the format that would appeal to me would be a couple of people, one a more established star and the second a newer one, would be interesting to see if the training styles were the same etc. I personally like to see training exercises that are well explained i.e. what the problem is and how the exercise works to improve the horse/rider, if jumping exercises to give guidlelines on distances etc.

Would be interesting to see the riders put on strange horses and asked to assess them then show and explain what exercises they would use to improve/correct the horse.

viola

aspireequestrian.wordpress.com
After Spillers Forum I must say I would much rather watch good riders (established or up-and-coming) dealing with young or simply novicey horses. The Forum was brilliant but watching top competitors riding push button, advanced level horses doesn't teach you much. Pippa Funnel demo (she rode her lovely young horse - I think he's name is Billy Landretti) was excellent. To sum up - top names on their own young horses or horses of less experienced competitors showing how to work youngsters/not-so-great horses up the ladder.
Working with real riders on their own horses also sounds great!

joey1999

Visit site
We are going to an eventing demo on Saturday night at Arena UK. It is with Oli Townend, Piggy French, Polly Jackson, Lucy Weigersma and Nick Gauntlet. It is £20 a ticket and hopefully will be good!