An update on me and my new horse!

Tayto

Visit site
Hi everyone!

So I have had my new (and first horse) - Tash for approx 8 weeks now and things are going well. We have had our good days and our bad days but are generally just taking things slow. She is such an affectionate horse and will stand for hours getting groomed and fussed over!

I had a wedding the other weekend so my friend fed her for me and the next day when I went down to the field she came trotting over to the gate! It felt really nice to think that she had missed me! I also have spent a bit of time in the field with her and she loves to follow me around and will trot behind me if I run!

We have mostly been hacking - in company and also on our own with my OH on foot. We have done a few solo hacks most of which have gone well - on one occasion she was a bit of a brat but we are all allowed an off day :p we have even had a wee canter in the woods!

We are preparing for our first show on 2nd June! We are just doing an in hand class and a fancy dress class - our schooling isnt great so am going to hold off on ridden classes at the moment!

Tash is very nappy in the school and it is a bit of a battle to keep her from the gate! I am going to book some lessons when I get paid and hopefully we can get over this!

Will post some pics of our fancy dress after the event - wish me luck!

Here is a pic of us, my OH took a few weeks ago.

picture.php