Anatomical bridle with simple cavesson noseband?

palo1

Visit site
I am trying to find the impossible it would seem and to help me not waste more money I wonder if anyone can advise me! My lovely young Welsh D mare has been wearing the most simple bridle imaginable - a synthetic slip head with a brow band. However she is growing out/grown out of this one (it was never intended for her tbh) so I purchased a simple hunter bridle for her in the right size (cob). It fits nicely in terms of cheek piece length, head piece length and nose band though the brow band is too small and I fear that a nose band in the traditional set up (running under the headpiece) is going to be less comfortable. As she is a baby I really want to find her a bridle that will not cause her any issues. Ideally I would find an anatomical headpiece and noseband that would work with the cheek pieces I have just bought. Thankfully the bridle was not expensive :( I am a bit loathe to use it tbh as I can see that without the browband it will have straps all over her poll (I can temporarily use a different browband but it's rather irritating!). However, I don't want to spend loads of money now (less than £100 if poss).

I have looked at the Henry James headpieces and would take a punt on that fitting my current cheek pieces but I don't really like any of the HJ nosebands. Ideally I am looking for a traditional 'look' though I use a micklem on my other horse lol!!

Can anyone advise bits of a bridle that will do what I want - really fed up of searching now and wondering if, left to my own devices, I will just end up with a very expensive multi-coloured franken-bridle...

Suggestions very welcome!! :)

palo1

Visit site
I have just looked at the evo bridle and I think this is what I need sadly (just more money than I would like). I will give them a call and check measurements before any more cock-ups are made by moi!!

vam

Visit site
Have a look at shires, they have bought out (or will be) a new range of bridles and one of them has a hunter noseband. They also have the avignon range which had a hunter bridle, they are an all in one head piece.
English bridles are lovely but the noseband strap goes over the bridle headpiece rather than under it.
Not sure where to find the bits individually as struggled with this myself before.

palo1

Visit site
Have a look at shires, they have bought out (or will be) a new range of bridles and one of them has a hunter noseband. They also have the avignon range which had a hunter bridle, they are an all in one head piece.
English bridles are lovely but the noseband strap goes over the bridle headpiece rather than under it.
Not sure where to find the bits individually as struggled with this myself before.

I have had a look at the shires new bridles - they look great but the problem I have is that, of course, my mare needs different size bits for different things :( Shires don't really do mix and match and when I measured my current bridle up against theirs the sizing of neither cob nor full worked sadly.

Chianti

Visit site
I am trying to find the impossible it would seem and to help me not waste more money I wonder if anyone can advise me! My lovely young Welsh D mare has been wearing the most simple bridle imaginable - a synthetic slip head with a brow band. However she is growing out/grown out of this one (it was never intended for her tbh) so I purchased a simple hunter bridle for her in the right size (cob). It fits nicely in terms of cheek piece length, head piece length and nose band though the brow band is too small and I fear that a nose band in the traditional set up (running under the headpiece) is going to be less comfortable. As she is a baby I really want to find her a bridle that will not cause her any issues. Ideally I would find an anatomical headpiece and noseband that would work with the cheek pieces I have just bought. Thankfully the bridle was not expensive :( I am a bit loathe to use it tbh as I can see that without the browband it will have straps all over her poll (I can temporarily use a different browband but it's rather irritating!). However, I don't want to spend loads of money now (less than £100 if poss).

I have looked at the Henry James headpieces and would take a punt on that fitting my current cheek pieces but I don't really like any of the HJ nosebands. Ideally I am looking for a traditional 'look' though I use a micklem on my other horse lol!!

Can anyone advise bits of a bridle that will do what I want - really fed up of searching now and wondering if, left to my own devices, I will just end up with a very expensive multi-coloured franken-bridle...

Suggestions very welcome!! :)

Have you looked at Horse Kind bridles?

Griffin

Visit site
I second Horsemanship Saddlery. They have lovely bridles and you can buy the different pieces in different sizes for the perfect fit.

jojo5

Visit site
If any of you who are looking can get to Hyde near Stockport, try The Horse Hole (horrible name!). Its a tiny little shop, but it is full of a huge range of saddlery, including a lot of plain and wide nose bands on bridles. They are very helpful in finding parts that you want, and do actually go to yards to fit bridles if you are having issues. I ended up with a beautiful Walsall leather bridle for my xxfull boy with a cut back headpiece more or less made to measure.

palo1

Visit site
So far the options look like individual parts from either Horsemanship saddlery (look nice, can be purchased individually etc) or Evo Equine (a bit more money than HS) which for me, has a slightly more 'traditional' look due to the possibility of the 3 strap headpiece. I soooo wish I had just done a bit more research before buying the basic bridle which although the mare seems alright with, actually bothers me as I can see how it could irritate a horse's head face and she did indeed rub her head quite frantically when I took the blooming bridle off. :( I don't particularly like my micklem though my horse does and that has made a difference to his comfort so I should have known better!! :(

palo1

Visit site
I always buy Sabre, you can buy all parts separately. Usually need large browband and shorter cheek pieces for ours

Sabre are lovely but I think sadly, for a first bridle they/their parts are just a bit too expensive. :( I am hoping that eventually I can justify a Kate Negus bridle so need to keep things reasonable to start with!!

palo1

Visit site
I have ordered an Evo equine universal headpiece and hunter noseband which I am told have been shipped. I will update when they arrive. :) Thanks for all the suggestions.

palo1

Visit site
So my evo equine headpiece and noseband arrived quickly and with several checks from Amanda beforehand to make sure I was going to get the right thing and both me and the little mare very much approve!! :) Super soft, cut away headpiece, (2 piece) - no throatlash and a lovely traditional hunter noseband that match my existing cheek pieces perfectly. I hope that this set up will serve us well until I can really treat both of us but I may not need to do that. :) I think that if I decided to do away with the noseband for any reason I could still use the headpiece but with a double-buckle throatlash instead of leaving the straps free.