And phew!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
After speaking to vet and farrier Tuesday I was preparing myself for the worst yesterday. Didn't sleep well, couldn't eat breakfast that morning. Burst into tears after bumping into a friend whilst riding. Phoned the hunt to find out cost and explain where I was in case I wasn't totally capable after farrier visit. Also spoke to another farrier who has seen him recently whilst covering due to knee op.

Farrier hoof tested, no reaction. Pulses seemed fairly normal and pony was ok moving in stable. He asked if he'd been hooning about. Unlikely, he doesn't expend much energy! However, I remembered something at the weekend had obviously set the others off in the 3 neighbouring fields as there were lots of skidmarks. Farrier thinks he's bruised his soles, evidence can be seen. Fronts put on.

Still in stable to allow feet to settle but with "supervised" 1hr max turnout. That should not include chasing after me for a scratch which is what happened tonight. ?. I guess he's feeling happier! The old boy dodged a bullet-literally yesterday!!!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Thats great news ?

One of my Arab's came in totally lame once vet thought laminitis we padded his feet he was on bute and after 4 days he looked fine and was booting the door to go out, he had bruised his soles and after some x rays we realised they are quite thin as well.

Asha

Visit site
Fantastic news, so pleased for you.

I thought my old girl was coming down with lammi at one point, and like you was preparing for the first. Turned out it was a touch of arthritis, so she now gets more turn out and hey presto shes good again.

SEL

Visit site
That's fantastic and I totally know the sense of relief - I was there with my oldie in the first lockdown when vets would only come for real emergencies. Abscess blew a massive chunk off his hoof and then he was fine - not sure I totally recovered from the stress!