And the clippers went bang with a puff of smoke

Chuffy99

Visit site
Who please has had theirs repaired and did they last, where did you take them? or recommendations for clippers to do one pony twice a year, these are lister and do have several pairs of blades but are the second pair to go bang

Shay

Visit site
If you have had two sets of clippers explode on you I would wonder if perhaps there might be something more than the clippers at play here? I know modern things never last as long as older things but I've had my set of Wolsey clippers for nearly 20 years and they have never "gone bang". They are used regularly, serviced annually. I did have to replace the wire when a horse stood on it - that did go bang in fairness but had nothing to do with the clippers.

I'm trying to think of things that might cause an electrical appliance to explode before a fuse is tripped. Are you using a safety plug between the clippers and the electroc socket? That should trip first and save your clippers. Are they clean? Are the blades too tight?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Another vote for Shearease for repairs.
I'm trying to think of things that might cause an electrical appliance to explode before a fuse is tripped. Are you using a safety plug between the clippers and the electroc socket? That should trip first and save your clippers. Are they clean? Are the blades too tight?
I wonder if you have them under too much tension and this is causing the motor to overheat? Or they are struggling for some other reason. Are they full size clippers?

Chuffy99

Visit site
I’ve clipped professionally for years but now only do the family pony, 1st pair lasted 15 years and did a lot of work and just wore out, 2nd pair had done about 10 clips but were gifted to me after friend died, they were about 4 years old so had them serviced and they did about 5 clips before going bang. This pair were new about 4 years ago and have only done about 20 clips with a service. All were Listers as have a good collection of decent blades but am a bit fed up now so think will look for another make, one of whom I see are compatible with Lister blades