And Video. Show report, day 1 (Friday) settling in

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Show report- Day 1. Pre show.

Day started early with ponies being picked up to be taken to the show ground which is also my former yard. I decided I’d take them a couple of days earlier so that a) I would have less stress to deal with on Sunday, the actual show day and b) LC could see coloured poles, more horses, etc. It’s very quiet where we are now, but I take comfort in the fact that if sheep, dogs or chickens ever invade the ring when we’re jumping, neither of my horses will be bothered in the least :p
I arrived at yard and caught horses. I was wearing powder blue joddies, secure in the knowledge that as it was a dry, sunny day, they’d stay clean for at least 20 minutes. Obviously that was naïve of me; Lia the border collie greeted me with a friendly pat on the bottom so I spent the rest of the day with her paw print on my right bum cheek.
Both ponies loaded, travelled and unloaded well.
I arrived to hear my Nemesis (this is capitalized for effect), someone who used to be my friend but turned out to be all of those words that HHO replaces with asterisks, getting told off very loudly by RI for essentially not riding very well. I confess I smirked but rapidly contained any emergent smugness, aware that this would be instantly detected by both PF and LC and that they would take the necessary measures to restore a proper amount of modesty.
Rode PF first. She lit up a bit but was very controllable and light. I asked RI to put some jumps up for me, but not to put them up over 1m as I’m sooo out of practice. He didn’t yell at me once, which for The Most Critical Man On Earth is nothing short of a miracle and said PF was jumping Very Well (also capitalised for effect, as the 2 words are seldom uttered in the same sentence), popping VERY comfortably through a line (related distance? I may be translating from Spanish) on 5 and 6 strides. I also noticed The Nemesis pretending not to watch, his mouth had shrunk to look like a dog’s bum hole, but he is a mean-spirited sort of person.
LC had by now settled down a bit and stopped shouting for his mum. I’m not fooled by this pretence of sainthood and popped him on the lunge. He stood quietly to be mounted and instantly went into his ‘poo in pants’ walk which I know from experience precedes his shape making. I was not wrong. He went up RIGHT up (with excellent balance, it has to be said) and I was VERY VERY grateful for the Jesus Strap as I managed neither to catch him in the mouth, nor slither gracelessly over his bottom onto the ground.
He did settle eventually and was working very nicely if a bit inattentively. Once again RI was complimentary and put up a few fences for me. Turns out coloured poles are no more exciting than the plain ones I have at our yard and LC popped over an upright and oxer sweetly. I then offered RI a ride and he got on, looking a bit like Hagrid on a Shetland. No one else has ever ridden LC, so definitely a day of firsts!! Got my camera out and got some photos and video of a few jumps.
Please feel free to criticise the lack of hats. I always wear one.

602051_10151569031531798_702262854_n.jpg

601099_10151569031491798_2040048897_n.jpg

543520_10151569029796798_375566240_n.jpg

484318_10151569030361798_262230209_n.jpg

479799_10151569030491798_229965084_n.jpg

527661_10151569030786798_1053834634_n.jpg

Looking absolutely DINKY
6147_10151569031031798_1863847912_n.jpg

[youtube]-Af_nyvyZQo&list=UUUbsbpYXy77DlIuv9VIjw-A&index=1[/youtube]

Last edited:

j1ffy

Visit site
Aww, LC looks lovely - very grown-up and sensible!! As for the lack of hats, I'm used to that here in HK though I always wear one. There's no excuse with all the lightweight hats on the market these days.

Archangel

Visit site
Very smart :) Can imagine what it would be like to be warm again.

What is out in the field, those droppings look like elephant droppings :eek:

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Very smart :) Can imagine what it would be like to be warm again.

What is out in the field, those droppings look like elephant droppings :eek:

I had NO idea what you were talking about until I realised another vid followed on from the one I took yesterday :p
YO used 'my' field as a temporary holding place for a LOAD of horses that apparently pooed non stop the whole time they were there. Poo has gone now ;)