Andalusians Cant Jump! Or so they say!!!!!!

rocketdog69

Took my fabulous Andalusian Jalisco to a local show today to do some showjumping. He hasnt done coloured stuff for 18 months, usually just do Hunter Trials.

First class was 2'3-2'6 and he came 3rd. Second class was 2'6-2'9 and he came 5th (silly mother took a flyer at the last fence and knocked it down or we would have been further up)

I'm so pleased with him. Brilliant horse!

I was puffing out of my backside though so I feel I might have to do more running to keep up with him!

jhoward

feed me vino....
total rubbish that they cant jump, my andi stallion makes 3 foot look like a pole!

well done on your placings

JCWHITE

Well done on your success, my Spanish cross S F will hopefully be able to do the business then!
Pictures please!
JC

ladyt25

My sister's Andalusian x TB loves his jumping! Apparently he is related (somewhere) to an old Andalusian John Whitaker used to ride many years ago - Novilhiero - so they certainly must be able to jump!

Sol

haha, I was just thinking of Novilhiero too! Didn't he do x-country or something too at one point? I know that one of the horses Pippa Funnell did/does ride, Tourmaline Rose I think it was, goes back to Novilheiro (or so I heard, somewhere xD)

Would love to see some pics! I know my mother would love a spanish at some point, I'd just love to jump it!

Azabache

My Luso that I bought, thinking we might do dressage, is poop at dressage but loves sj & xc!

Bossanova

[ QUOTE ]
My sister's Andalusian x TB loves his jumping! Apparently he is related (somewhere) to an old Andalusian John Whitaker used to ride many years ago - Novilhiero - so they certainly must be able to jump!

[/ QUOTE ]

Novilhero was lusitano, not andalucian

RachelB

They definitely can jump, although I've seen some *ahem* interesting techniques by Iberians attempting to jump! Just like any other horse, some of them do it easily, and some of them do it in a very odd fashion!