andalusians

Alex_kate

Visit site
what are their temperaments like?

we have fallen in love with a foal but are VERY worried as they are so cute but you never know what they will grow into!!

mum wants to show and do dressage, we are seriously considering it.
any tips?

Alibear

Visit site
same as all horses our yard now has 4 (yes 4) stallions 2 are really really brilliant complete lambs and good at competitions as well.

The other know exactly what he is but still has manners and is nice to ride

The last is very baby ish and unsure of himself so a bit flighty.

So as ever no definite on their temperaments.

Alex_kate

Visit site
thats ok then, the colts and stallions were a bit nippy and we def couldnt keep a stallion where we are and seems such a shame to have them cut- thats why we would go for a filly.

i always worry that it would have something wrong with it, im so synical or however u spell it!

MillionDollar

Visit site
One of my friends brought an andy last year. 4 years old, just broken and just gelded. He is absolutely fantasic. Nothing fases him, hes 100% in everything, has won loads of BD points and has a HUGE jump!! I highly recommend them.
smile.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
I don't think that Andy's are the best if you want to jump - much like saddlebreds - you get them for dressage although you can be lucky and find one that loves to jump.

I think they're amazing too.......supposedly very much like TB and need a firm but kind hand.....that's only picked up from reading posts on here though!

MagicMelon

Visit site
They're excellent. Very kind and willing natured. Will do anything asked of them.

They're bred for dressage etc. so it would be a great buy! Ive seen some andalusians jump brilliantly, I think its just that most are used for dressage so you dont see it happen very often!

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that Andy's are the best if you want to jump

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonna have to diagree - my instructor's andy is out competing at Intro (first PN at weekend) eventing as well as competing in elementary BD. And his only jumping faults are 2 refusals xc

IMHO they make better jumpers as they are incredibly scopey.

This is a photo of the andy used in the RS at my yard