Andrew Day- Dressage Rider

Emshad

Visit site
Hi all, I Have been offered a place at one of his clinics but dont know much about him really - can anyone shed any light/info/attended one of his clinics before.....? much appriciated xx

hannahkirkhill

Visit site
Hey, I have lessons with Andrew every other week, and have been doing so for about 2yrs now.
He really is fantastic, I always feel like I have taken something new from my lessons, he has a very good way of explaining what he wants from you and your horse, and why he wants it . . . . he has some brill exercises that you can put in to every day work and you will never find your self just trotting round and round in a circle.
I cant really explain it, but he works on me- getting me to do the right thing to get the horse doing it....never just says get the horse doing that, he says do x to get the horse doing y because by doing y the horse will be streching z ! sorry only way I could try to explain it
wink.gif

I also love the way he trains each one of my horses diffrently depending on their brains, build, age ect.

hannahkirkhill

Visit site
Erm, sounds really bad but im not 100% sure - ive only been to his once (for a party and it was dark
wink.gif
I know we went over gunthorpe bridge and it wasnt far from there
tongue.gif

He comes to me every other Thrs when he does this area- he travels all over the country to teach
laugh.gif

Im very near vale view, if you are to and you wanna see him teach.......
grin.gif

MysteryGirl

Visit site
I think you'll find you know me Hannah, and that I know Vale View very well....

Would be interested to see a lesson with him, though not quite ready for one yet. Will speak to you about it sometime soon xx

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
He's the co-author of the 101 Schooling Exercises book. I had a lesson with him years ago and enjoyed it. He's recently been at our yard and I've watched a few lessons. If had to criticise anything about his lessons is that he doesn't seem to correct the riders position. BUT I've only watched about 2 and half lessons so not exactly a scientific or well researched comment!!