Andrew Nicholson and William Fox Pitt

gingerarab

Visit site
At the start of the BBC commentry Ian Stark referred to some "past history" between the two of them, they obviously dont get on, would anyone like to expand on why or what has happened ?

Charem

Visit site
At the start of the BBC commentry Ian Stark referred to some "past history" between the two of them, they obviously dont get on, would anyone like to expand on why or what has happened ?

There's a very long thread about it all in CR. Short version is AN had an affair with WFP's then wife.

suffolkmare

Visit site
Thanks for the lo-down!
Like it that BBC built up all the AN v. WFP, and M Jung going to spoil the party...and then what happened!! Well done JP :p:D

ladyt25

Visit site
Yeah, well I don't think WFP's exactly an angel either...! What goes on in those horseboxes and at the after-parties eh! ;)

HBM1

Visit site
Paul Tapner mentioned it on his facebook page the other day - their dislike of each other anyway - I wondered why it was.

madmav

Visit site
Yeah, well I don't think WFP's exactly an angel either...! What goes on in those horseboxes and at the after-parties eh! ;)

Honestly, how do they have the energy after all that cross-country? It's the same when you hear of politicians getting a bit jiggy. Where do they find the time? They're supposed to be running the country.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Honestly, how do they have the energy after all that cross-country?

Well, AN is some kind of super-human who defies gravity and exudes incredible amounts of cool, so I'm not surprised he can...

The rest of them, though, the mind boggles. I mean, all that time in the saddle - surely they can't be functional any more :eek: Or is that the real reason they stay in 2 point all the way round?

JFTDWS

Visit site
Pah, Andrew Nicholson's been defying gravity since before anyone had even heard of MJ!

He doesn't even need the unicorn dust to do it!

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Yes Andrew had an affair with Williams wife wiggy.

They eventually splint and Andrew and her are still together.

Obviouly i dont know them personally! (I wish)
But as it comes across on tv and in books etc, i just dont like Andrew whereas Willaim seems lovely! :)

Auslander

Visit site

Really? I used to work for William, and he always had a very strong sense of right and wrong. Unless he's changed an awful lot, I cannot see him indulging in anything that breaches his self imposed moral code.

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
I obviously don't know any of the parties, but I have to say that WFP seems to be a lovely man - I just love the way he smiles as he sails over some scary looking obstacles; the rest of us grimace over a 1 metre pole! Well, certainly I do. He just looks so happy and relaxed when he's jumping, it's such a pleasure to watch him.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I agree Ancient Hacker. We sat watching him warm up for the XC and he looked so serene and chilled, you would have thought he had just come back, not that he was just about to go.

I love watching Andrew ride too, he is just so focused and determined.

At the end of the day they are both very different people from different cultures and upbringings, but both are fantastic horsemen and both would have very much deserved to have won.

madmav

Visit site
Hope they're all back in their rightful places tonight. Behave you naughty event riders!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Well, AN is some kind of super-human who defies gravity and exudes incredible amounts of cool, so I'm not surprised he can...

The rest of them, though, the mind boggles. I mean, all that time in the saddle - surely they can't be functional any more :eek: Or is that the real reason they stay in 2 point all the way round?

PMSL! :D