Andy Kocher banned for 10 years

[139672]

Visit site
I worked in a SJ years back. They’d bought a JA pony that had been so badly ‘rapped’ he had huge, permanently swollen knees. So sad, he was a beautiful chestnut pony. The yard used to wrap a rubber band round a showjumper’s ear to get him near and over water jumps. Didn’t work because at shows when they couldn’t use the rubber band he’d bolt out of the ring. ?

honetpot

Visit site
I worked in a SJ years back. They’d bought a JA pony that had been so badly ‘rapped’ he had huge, permanently swollen knees. So sad, he was a beautiful chestnut pony. The yard used to wrap a rubber band round a showjumper’s ear to get him near and over water jumps. Didn’t work because at shows when they couldn’t use the rubber band he’d bolt out of the ring. ?

I know someone who has a lot to do with professional showjumpers, some of the things she has told me has made never choose to watch it again.

Lipglosspukka

Visit site

I've not heard of this and I don't understand. How does putting a rubber band on a horses ear make them jump?

[139672]

Visit site
I've not heard of this and I don't understand. How does putting a rubber band on a horses ear make them jump?

it worked,
. He was so uncomfortable, held his head slightly to one side and would jump the water jump but at shows he’d see a water jump and bolt out of the ring. My horrible boss would be so cross, looked like he’d explode and I’d be secretly laughing at him. Horrible man who is still around and sponsors at big shows.
Hd gro*om told one of the other gro*oms the married boss had told her if she didn’t ride him, she couldn’t ride the horses. ?

hock

Visit site
Blistering still goes on at the very top level in this country and abroad. And rapping of course. I thought professional riders would have evolved passed this by now. Thoroughly depressing.