ANGRY, buying online and delivery.

Kadastorm

Visit site
I am so angry!
Almost two weeks ago i ordered two newmarket rugs online. One tried to be delivered but i wasnt in so went online to rearrange - ive now been waiting over a week and still no sign of it. Ive looked online and it now has no record of the item???

The other rug, i have not heard anything about so i messaged the seller and they provided the tracking numbers and said it had been delivered.
So I track it and it said its been signed for by the name 'LEES'. No card was left to say which address it is at, i had no idea they had been. i have no idea who 'LEES' are!? One neighbour on the left side - we dont get on and dont talk so i doubt it is them and the other does not have that name.

What the hell do i do now? on the tracking thing it has no address for where it was left, i doubt its even been recorded. This rug is a £72 newmarket fleece so im very pissed off. The other rug was the newmarket stable sheet.

I have messaged the seller and explained this but i guess its out of their hands now? Think they need to use a different courier though...

:mad:

End.Of.Rant

*and breathe*

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
The seller needs to contact the courier because although they have a signature for the item it has not been delivered. They have a duty of care to deliver it to you the buyer & at the address given on the parcel, they have failed to do this. The only time they can deliver the parcel at a different address is if you have stipulated that, i.e. it can be left with a neighbour if you are out.

The courier is clearly at fault here & it is up to the seller to chase up this as they had the contract with the courier to provide delivery which obviously they haven't.

Good Luck

Feathered

Visit site
I bet I can guess which delivery company this is.

I've had the same thing happen, tracking was showing signed for by some odd name like yours and I had no idea who that was... Actually rang the company, and when I spoke to someone she said she didn't know why it was showing that, it must be a mistake as the parcel hasn't even been sent out for delivery yet.... I did get it in the end!

Puts me off ordering if I see these people are doing the delivering, they're hopeless.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Thankyou for your replies, i have emailed the seller and i finally managed to find a number to call the courier company, they dont make it easy!
I am now waiting for them to call back and will wait to hear from the seller too. I am extremely knarked and either way i want both rugs delivered to me, by Friday, ive paid enough for it and waited a fair while! very poor service!

Feathered - it may well be, i cant say i would have used them before but i definately wont now! my step dad works for a big courier company, think i will stick with them :D

HBM1

Visit site
that is really frustrating. I am very wary now about ordering online. Last year I bought a rug off an Ebay seller, to help keep the sun off one of my horses. It didn't arrive, so I sent him a message. He messaged back to say it had been delivered, I know it hadn't. He then cut and paste me the delivery details he had used and he had used the WRONG address. I know I had given him the correct address so queried it with him. He said my address was not on the computer system he uses to he used one for the same postcode! Now this is a rural area and it turns out it had gone to the hotel next door. Someone signed for it, thinking it was for someone who lived in one of the estate properties. The manager later took it to another stud completely about 2 miles away, they took delivery of it!! It really was farcical. I have blacklisted that ebay seller forever, I never heard of anything so dim in my life.

I hope yours does show up eventually, or you get your money back.

Orchardbeck

Visit site
Some courier companies need to smarten up their game - I once had an irate call from a driver working for Hermes (i believe they are mostly self employed?) - he had apparently tried to deliver my parcel on two occasions and I dared to be out both times.

He was pee'd off because he said there wasn't enough money in it to justify him coming again, so could I collect it from his house instead?!! I was so cross, plus I needed the parcel so I decided I would just get it. His address was just TWO MILES away from mine!

Kadastorm

Visit site
It turns out that the company used by the seller is known for stuff like this as there was a tv programme on it not long ago (according to my step dad). Im still waiting for the company to call me back and i have asked the seller to call them too, i have to go out soon to go and see the pony and go for a meal with my Dad this evening. They had better get their act together because my patience is wearing thin.

twobearsarthur

Visit site
I feel your pain.
My postman has recently decided to stop delivering any parcels or recorded deliveries even when I'm in he will leave a "sorry you weren't in" card. The latest being my horses passport which he didn't even bother to leave a card for so now it's disapeared, possibly winging its way to Belfast where they will try and figure out who to deliver it too?!?!?!? I thought the address on the front would be a start.
The most ridiculous was a courier company that delivered 3 x sacks of feed all 60kg of it to the fourth floor of an apartment block that I live half a mile away from?!?!? Luckily the home owner kindly dropped a note through my door. However humping 3 sacks of feed down four floors was an achievement.

fatpiggy

Visit site
I get everything delivered to me at work. No problem with not being in, no problem with disturbing my 84 year old neighbour who can't walk very well (although she is more than happy to take things for me and its a good excuse to go and check she is ok and have a good natter) and the lads at the front desk lock stuff up for me if I'm not there to receive things in person.

frozzy

Visit site
Yodel and Hermes both awful! We live in an out of the way place but I paid for overnight from Robinsons , just leather care stuff but I needed it like now!
After the second day I contacted Robbies who sympathised, confirmed it was Yodel and refunded my overnight charge. Great but i still didnt have my stuff. On day 3 a young lad in a car turns up. He was a local lad and had only had it delivered to him that morning by their Carlisle hub. They save up to a weeks worth of stuff before venturing our way. I always go Post Office now wherever possible.

Kadastorm

Visit site
This is UKMail,never had a problem with myhermes but will never ever use UKMail and i will be suggesting that the seller doesnt either!

moana

Visit site
This really is the fault of the delivery company, and the seller should not be blamed. So many couriers are getting so lax, and I rarely get any 'l tried to deliver@ cards from couriers or posties these days.
I really hope you sort it and get your rugs very soon.
Makes visiting local shops better if you have any nearby.

budley95

Visit site
Not parcel force is it? Ive been having arguments with them all week for delivering our company goods to completely the wrong place. Ringing them every half an hour nagging them for a response helped. They then admitted to losing the parcels so have just had to compensate just over £500... The company you brought them from has 30 days from the date of despatch to claim compensation for it. Ring them and do it constantly. You might feel like a pain in the bum but it will get them moving and chasing it up! Couriers can conduct driver interviews to find where its gone!

Kadastorm

Visit site
Oh dear lord, UKMail are unbelievable!

Whilst i was out this morning they called and left a message with my mum to ask to call back. The driver said he left the items with a neighbour but cant remember which (What a load of bull!)
So i called back and they said the driver is coming out to me at some point today to sort it out but he is very busy - i dont give a shizzle if he is busy, where are my parcels!?

Now its late in the day i decide to try and call them but i kept getting cut off on my house phone, so just to see, i called from my mobile - what do you know, it worked!

I went through it all again, they tried to contact him, no answer. The depo are apparently going to make him come out to me tomorrow to retrace his steps as he is now saying he didnt leave them with a neighbour - so who signed for it?!

All the while, the sellers have been great and there is good communication between us but i am not happy at paying almost £10 postage when i have then spent more money on calls and have been waiting for so long. FUMING!