Animal Aid

Echo Bravo

Visit site
I'm sorry but what was derogatory about saying That today was the first I'd ever heard of them and that listening to what the man had to say, I thought they have an agenda.:confused::confused:

HihoGinger

Visit site
I'm sorry but what was derogatory about saying That today was the first I'd ever heard of them and that listening to what the man had to say, I thought they have an agenda.:confused::confused:

I read that as S4Sugar suggesting that all they had to say about AA would be derogatory, not a dig at your comment.
My feelings on them are the same.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Animal Aid is an animal 'rights' group - NOT a welfare organisation. It promotes veganism, is anti the use of animals in ANY form of sport, or research, or for food! It jumps on any animal-related bandwagon with shock/horror stories and carefully selected graphic photos!

If it succeeded with National hunt racing, then Badminton would be next!

HihoGinger

Visit site
They have a website EB. I would have a peruse at that.
All I will say that they seem to take a ghoulish delight in being proved right if something they disapprove of (such as the GN) ends badly. It seems that the priority is not necessarily the animal, but the message they want to get across.

misst

Visit site
I heard them on radio 4 as well today - definitely have a huge agenda. They made me shout some very rude words at the radio whilst I was driving. The RSPCA were a little more considered - but not much:(

Holly Hocks

Visit site
They should have plenty of supporters on this forum as they want the GN banned (well they want all horse racing banned - actually make that any form of horse riding) as it would appear from most of the posts on here over the past few days that the majority of forum users want it banned as well

They have a new "initiative" asking people to donate the amount they bet on the GN to two chosed equine welfare charities. One of the chosen charities is Hope Pastures, which I believe is the same one that Cracker (sorry if I've got his name wrong) was sent to and which is supported by a quite a few forum members as well.

They may well have an agenda, but while they are supporting a charity which is close to some members hearts on the forum, it may well be the less derogatory comments said, the better. Personally I'm not a supporter due to their agenda and my love of horse racing!

dominobrown

Visit site
I think Animal Aid is probably a bit extreme for most people, even anti racing people on here. I think they would ban the use of animals for sport, entertainment etc altogether, and that includes horse riding.
They do not think of the consquences of their actions and take a very one sided bias point of view.
There are other animal charities I would rather support.

Honeylight

Visit site
They are not a charity & yes they are very extreme with a wide agenda.
I work in a college & one of my students this year is a member of the organisation.
One of their aims is outlaw all companion animals, yes that means our cats & dogs. Recently my cat has been diagnosed with serious heart disease & I have had to spend a lot of money on treatment to manage its condition. The student said it was my fault for keeping a cat & that I had fed it fatty foods & not let it exercise. I'm afraid I just had to walk out of the room, as for a start, I was already upset enough. This will give you an idea of the level of knowledge some of their members have.

dominobrown

Visit site
They are not a charity & yes they are very extreme with a wide agenda.
I work in a college & one of my students this year is a member of the organisation.
One of their aims is outlaw all companion animals, yes that means our cats & dogs. Recently my cat has been diagnosed with serious heart disease & I have had to spend a lot of money on treatment to manage its condition. The student said it was my fault for keeping a cat & that I had fed it fatty foods & not let it exercise. I'm afraid I just had to walk out of the room, as for a start, I was already upset enough. This will give you an idea of the level of knowledge some of their members have.

Sorry did I say charity?! Well they don't do many chartible things...
I am amazed and disgusted about their attitude to animal companions. Imagine having to get your healthy cat or dog shot because of them. :mad: Horrible thought, my dog is my best friend :)

FionaM12

Visit site
Sorry did I say charity?! Well they don't do many chartible things...
I am amazed and disgusted about their attitude to animal companions. Imagine having to get your healthy cat or dog shot because of them. :mad: Horrible thought, my dog is my best friend :)

Their own website says of pet-keeping:

"Many of us are lucky enough to share our homes with companion animals, who are important and much-loved members of the family. Sadly, not all animals are this fortunate, and there are thousands of unwanted and abandoned animals in rescue centres across the country in desperate need of a home."

:confused::confused:

Honeylight

Visit site
They must have softened their approach as this is not what I have gleaned from discussions with the student, who upset a lot of the animal lovers on the course.
The man on You & Yours was less radical than their web site suggests, so I wonder if they have realised total extremism at this stage in a negative pathway.