Animal Cops Houston

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I've just been watching the programme and have been horrified.
The SPCA officers went to a site and there was a horse there with an obviously badly broken front leg.
Rather than just organising getting the poor horse PTS where it was they made it walk to a trailer and manhandled it up the stp into ther trailer.
They then drove it to their clinic and it had to get down the step out of the trailer and kept it there for 3 days before it was PTS.
They are taking the owner to court for not having the horse PTS when it was injured but it certainly wasn't in the animals interest to transport it and keep it for that long.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
That’s horrible, why would the do that? A broken leg is surely an immediate pts job? Poor horse. ?
That's what I thought. They seemed more bothered about getting it back to HQ to get x rays and pictures for the court case than putting the horse out of its suffering :(

SashaBabe

Visit site
I have been watching this programme on and off for years (all repeats at the moment). You will see many horrific acts of cruelty. The programme tends to deal mainly with horses, dogs and cats, but occasionally farm animals. Sometimes owners sign their animals over voluntarily, otherwise they are seized under a Court Order. They have to go to court in the case of animal seizures and the majority of the time, the Judge awards custody of the animal to the Houston SPCA. Although, sadly, some animals don't make it, the majority do and it is great to see them returned to good health. Can be hard to watch at times.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
It's the way the law works over there, they can't just go in putting animals down willy nilly, they have to get permission from a judge first other wise the owner can sue.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i must admit it is hard to watch sometimes but i am hooked. what i found really shocking was a horse that was judged as a 1 for condition and had a huge sore on its withers and had recently been ridden by a fat bloke and he couldnt see why it was wrong. lots of the horses seem to be tb types and the size of the people riding them seems so wrong to me even if the horse is in fair condition. there are quite a few happy endings though