Anne

millhouse

Visit site
For anybody that doesn't already know, Anne the elephant arrived safely at Longleat yesterday, and has now completed her first 24 hours there.

sonjafoers

Visit site
Is that the one that was ill treated? I know it may not be the right attitude but everytime that poor elephant came on the news or flicked up on my internet I didn't look - couldn't bear to.

So I don't know the full story of what happened to her but if it's the same one then that's great news.

gugglebum

Visit site
Is that the one that was ill treated? I know it may not be the right attitude but everytime that poor elephant came on the news or flicked up on my internet I didn't look - couldn't bear to.

I'm the same. I don't think it's a bad attitude to have, it would have upset me a lot and real life is hard enough without weighing myself down with more. I don't mean I take a head in the sand approach to cruelty, just that I don't need to seek out graphic details. I just read Water for Elephants, and that was sad enough (great book tho).

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
sent a thankyou message to the keeper at Longleat. Still crying my eyes out, the poor, dear old soul. She could have easily killed her abuser, but chose not to. I'm sure he'll just walk away scott free - language barrier was it ??? Is there anything more we can do for her ? I guess not.

millhouse

Visit site
Please look at the pictures in the Mail today of Anne enjoying her new home. Now we know it was all worthwhile.

We can help by raising cash for a purpose-built sanctuary for other abused elephants. (See the Mail).

Milanesa

Visit site
oh what a happy end to a terribly tragic story, abuse of animals is just unforgivable, and their do not seem to be harsh enough penalties-he should be locked away and not ever allowed to be in control of any animal ever again. Thanks goodness she is now safe, well done to the dailymail for taking such an active roll in saving her, the power of the media is one big thing

millhouse

Visit site
Understand the Government are going to pass a motion to ban the use of wild animals in circuses. Not before time!

Paddy Irish

Visit site
Thank god she's safe , hopefully she'll end her days getting the loving treatment she deserves . I can't bear cruelty to animals - makes me weep - i can't even watch the dogs trust advert without tears in my eyes , especially that poor old collie dog tied up out in the garden in the poring rain!!