Annoying advert

little_critter

Visit site
I couldn’t navigate just now as it was right over the menu options. Gah, it’s just done it again and it’s also over the reply screen so I can’t see what I’m typing now.
I had to close H&h, go back in and navigate to the tack room before the bloomin thing popped up.

Reactions: TPO

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
There is a thread reporting it in Feedback, admin took notice last time. I assume that they don't actually want to put people off using the site - that would be counter-productive!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Yep, can't get rid of the damn thing, can't use the site properly. Reloading page gets rid of it for a few seconds. Leaving the site now, too much hassle.

Shay

Visit site
Me too - and requested admin resolve. Its moved from the to to the side now....

And I absolutely will not now go and see the movie in protest (small beans I am sure but if it gets back to advertisers that the oppresive approach is counter productive they will stop.) Same way as I immeediately cancel donations to any charity whose chuggers accost me in the street.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I can see to type the reply, but it is at both sides, in the area where I need to see to navigate, so I can't see who has started threads or which one have replied to.

scats

Visit site
I turn java off for coming on here on my iPad. Otherwise I can’t even type anything as it’s that slow. It does mean I have to go and turn it back on if I want to watch videos though, which is a pain.

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
Totally agree.... and whoever redesigned the platform also needs speaking to... the whole process of trying to insert photos and text is incredibly poor!

The advert is horrendous and hugely intrusive!

cblover

Visit site
Go into settings on your iPad and down to safari. Find advanced setting, go into that and you’ll see an option to turn JavaScript off. Turn it off to read and post on here but you’ll need to turn it back on for videos etc. I’ve just done it now.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Yep. And another person who boycotts any product or service advertised in an intrusive, irritating way! Why on earth do they think it's a good idea!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Turned off java, what does it actually do anyway, Im not tech savvy?
Videos. So ads that have a video element no longer drain all your data. I just have java disabled for HHO as they used to have too many video ads, some of which were hidden at the end of the page so you didn't know they were there until you scrolled down. If I want to watch a youtube video that someone has linked to, I find that I can open it in a new tab and it takes me to the correct video on youtube where java isn't blocked. :)