Another 3.5 lorry thread. VW LT35

be positive

Visit site
I am going to look at a VW Lt35 today, with a mechanic friend, apart from the obvious things to check is there anything particular relating to this type of chassis/ engine etc we should be looking at, friend is a car mechanic so not really his field.

It has only been owned for a matter of weeks, selling as horse will not load, the headroom is only about 6ft 6in so probably too low for her horse, I have mainly big ponies max 15.2 so am not that concerned for mine but will it be impossible to sell on as a "pony" box if and when I want to?

L&M

Visit site
I would want 7ft headroom for 15.2hh's - my 3.5t has this and I only travel 14.2hhs and would'nt want it any lower.

Also check payload - again my 2 x 14.2hhs plus equipment only just come in under my 1200 kg payload.

Both of these factors for me could affect its 'saleability' in the future.

Scarlett

Visit site
Parts are getting increasingly difficult to get hold of for them - I know of a nice LT35 that had to be scapped due to not being able to get suspension parts for it. I work in the trade and couldn't get bits for it anywhere...!

be positive

Visit site
I would want 7ft headroom for 15.2hh's - my 3.5t has this and I only travel 14.2hhs and would'nt want it any lower.

Also check payload - again my 2 x 14.2hhs plus equipment only just come in under my 1200 kg payload.

Both of these factors for me could affect its 'saleability' in the future.

Parts are getting increasingly difficult to get hold of for them - I know of a nice LT35 that had to be scapped due to not being able to get suspension parts for it. I work in the trade and couldn't get bits for it anywhere...!

I will measure it properly when I look at it, not so worried about the payload as likely to just be traveling one at a time, possibly 2 smaller ones once in a while. Ifor Williams 505 trailers have 7ft and carry up to 16 hands, will look at other heights to compare.

Parts are more of an issue but they are on anything over a certain age, this is P reg so hopefully will go on for a while.