Another ??? Advert

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Lordy, you'd think for anything over a couple of hundred, they'd take a decent picture! The second one could be a donkey, horse, giraffe!

LaMooch

Visit site
Did the jump get photo-shopped out? Also where the horse in the field of green stuff? Also why do people never show a side shot anymore with no tack and rugs?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Did the jump get photo-shopped out? Also where the horse in the field of green stuff? Also why do people never show a side shot anymore with no tack and rugs?

This, why pay for an advert and then use such awful photos and tell you nothing about the animal you are selling. Also why put a mare in foal if you don't want the animal till she at least gives birth?

sandi_84

Visit site
I know the market is bad but it always makes me a bit suspicious to see horses with "amazing" blood lines that have been ridden in high levels of competition being sold for such a small amount of money especially if they are quite young horses. It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the horse :/ as you would think something with bags of talent that has done high levels from proven blood lines would be snapped up by major name competition riders?

nervous nelly

Visit site
I know the market is bad but it always makes me a bit suspicious to see horses with "amazing" blood lines that have been ridden in high levels of competition being sold for such a small amount of money especially if they are quite young horses. It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the horse :/ as you would think something with bags of talent that has done high levels from proven blood lines would be snapped up by major name competition riders?

This and that she's in foal ring alarm bells you are not going to know the horses true ability/quirks /bad habits and behaviours until she comes back into work after weaning by that point what come back could you possibly have as a buyer a year down the line?

EffyCorsten

Visit site
This and that she's in foal ring alarm bells you are not going to know the horses true ability/quirks /bad habits and behaviours until she comes back into work after weaning by that point what come back could you possibly have as a buyer a year down the line?

I think that might be the point! I would love to see the next pic during that jump it looks like shes going to straddle those tyres... if thats the jumping pic they chose I would think maybe they didnt have a picture of her jumping nicely because she doesn't.

debsg

Visit site
Wouldnt touch with a 10ft pole, im afraid. Why would a horse with such 'amazing bloodlines' be a) for sale at that price? even taking the current market into consideration. Top class horses are still selling. And b) why would you be putting such a potentially capable mare in foal at this stage in her career?
Just screams dodgy to me. Awful pics too!

shadowboy

Visit site
Wow well I learnt nothing about the horse itself only some waffle about breeding. Then saw some shocking pics. To me that screams the horse is either difficult to do and they had nothing good to say about her and her Confo is awful hence why her pics are from a mile away, or she's being sold through a dealer who has just bought her based on breeding and has no real knowledge of how said horse behaves and perhaps those are pics previous owner sent.... Either way certainly doesn't want to make me buy especially as a maiden mare with unknown foal inside!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
So there were some quite nice pictures of the horse taken that day. I wonder why they picked that one for the advert.

Sheep

Visit site
The jumping pic looks photoshopped. Perhaps it isn't, but hmm.

I think it's legit, sometimes they just take off ridiculously far away - maybe seller thinks it will make people think horse is a fantastic jumper? :S

Strange tho to flick through the pro pics and there are definitely photos there which are substantially better! I am thinking maybe the dealer theory mentioned by shadowboy may be a realistic interpretation of the situation!

Off on a slight tangent here but maybe if my bf decides to sell his mare he should use this picture to illustrate the same point (hahahahaha)
1236252_10152712514602837_1145037006_n.jpg

- this one did manage to clear it!
1234227_10152712515597837_1108429978_n.jpg

Sheep

Visit site
some people are more interested in bloodlines than actual performance, they don't want to do anything with the horse, just tell everyone about it's breeding!

http://www.horsehunter.co.uk/horses-for-sale-all-rounders/163hh-6yo-ish-mare-in-foal-to-pre/a122265/
same horse, different price! and a very telling 'not novice ride' in this ad

True! My boy has some very good breeding. Unfortunately he is as useful as a chocolate teapot, lame, grumpy, nice ornament for the field. Shame he isn't a mare, or I could just put him in foal for no apparent reason other than to gloat about his breeding and that of future baby.........

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
If it has such fab bloodlines why would they breed it to an andy if it wasn't something you were breeding for yourself?

ah do I spot bar shoes in the jumping pic?- actually might just be OR boot shadow.

Last edited:

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I think it's legit, sometimes they just take off ridiculously far away - maybe seller thinks it will make people think horse is a fantastic jumper? :S

Strange tho to flick through the pro pics and there are definitely photos there which are substantially better! I am thinking maybe the dealer theory mentioned by shadowboy may be a realistic interpretation of the situation!

Off on a slight tangent here but maybe if my bf decides to sell his mare he should use this picture to illustrate the same point (hahahahaha)
1236252_10152712514602837_1145037006_n.jpg

- this one did manage to clear it!
1234227_10152712515597837_1108429978_n.jpg
Sheep that picture is class bless her she is very eager:)

Bright_Spark

Visit site
If it has such fab bloodlines why would they breed it to an andy if it wasn't something you were breeding for yourself?

That's what I was thinking. If she has such great breeding, then surely it would make more sense to put her in foal to a well known competition stallion?

I adore PRE's, but the fact that they haven't even mentioned the stallions name makes me wonder about his quality...

SpottyMare

Visit site
I wonder about these ads sometimes and the people who place them...

My current 'favourite' is on horse deals - a VERY expensive young QH that was imported to the UK from Monty Roberts ranch about 6 months ago showing 1 awful photo and a large (almost indeciperable) paragraph that doesn't tell you much..

Queenbee

Visit site

This exactly, and it also seems a bit (struggling for the right word but the closest I can get is) tacky, not just to name drop but to price drop, 'currently selling for 50000 euros' (who the fleck cares). Name dropping and price dropping like this, is cheap nasty and tacky.... Then it seems a bit like price drop tv:
"...but you can get yourself one like this for the bargin price of £2'250 *cue applause*"

Yep, very tacky

Goldenstar

Visit site

ah do I spot bar shoes in the jumping pic?- actually might just be OR boot shadow.

Well spotted on the shoes , there's probably is the reason she's in foal.

Queenbee

Visit site

See, I actually find the bit about breeding in the advert ambiguous it says currently in foal, not sold in foal. It then says once she's had her foal, she will be ready to continue her career. To me it's almost and advert where the sellers intend to retain the foal and sell the mare. But they don't actually make anything clear. If you were selling the foal, you would expect with their penchant for name dropping they would actually say who the sire of the foal is.... And not "just a pre"

be positive

Visit site
I imagine there is a story here, a reason for putting her in foal so late in the year, photos are from August on the earlier link and the one in the ad is probably the best of a poor selection most are over tiny fences which does not show a horse that has been "introduced to BS and BE" in a particularly good light.

Some googling finds her details, one outing BE, in a JAS over 2 years ago, not really introduced to BE in my book, ridden by a pro rider and as far as I can tell still in the same ownership.
Being in foal will prevent anyone expecting to try her ridden which may be the primary reason for putting her in foal then not going through with waiting for it to arrive.

undergroundoli

Visit site
I wonder about these ads sometimes and the people who place them...

My current 'favourite' is on horse deals - a VERY expensive young QH that was imported to the UK from Monty Roberts ranch about 6 months ago showing 1 awful photo and a large (almost indeciperable) paragraph that doesn't tell you much..

Got the link? I'm intrigued now.