Another clipper oil question- Liquid paraffin?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Having read several threads on clippers and clipper oil, several people say that clipper oil is essentially white mineral oil. So.... does this mean you could theoretically use liquid paraffin on your clippers?
I'm not trying to be cheap, but I can't get 'branded' clipper oil over here (would have to get it posted) I CAN get machine oil, but am not sure the makes will be at similar to the UK.
SO, is there anything (ingredient) I need to look out for (good or bad)? OR is liquid paraffin a viable option?

teamsarazara

Visit site
I use cheap wd40 stuff, 3 in 1 drip oil, works fab. Have seen people use baby oil but personally think that's a bad idea...

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Me too! I used to use WD40 sometimes on my old clippers and it appeared to be ok at the time however they didn't last all that long and the service guy I spoke too's first words were "please tell me you don't use WD40" ermmm.....
Not sure about liquid paraffin. I cant imagine it would be that bad for horses skin as isn't it used as a base in some moisturisers (vasaline?)
Could you order a huge bottle of proper oil that will last ages?

teamsarazara

Visit site
Hmm never had a problem with wd40 my clippers are atleast 3 years old, maybe even 4... Never had anything wrong with them