Another Cr*p day

brackenhappy

Visit site
i have just had text off my friend, she has sent her mares upto same stud as bracken. to start with she only had Tia up there her young mare who was caught first time but absorbed between 17 day and 40 day scan
frown.gif
friend bought herself a proven broodmare as she decided that Tia would have one more chance then come home. anyways she bought a lovely bay TB called Katie about 5 weeks ago and sent her to the same stallion. she recieved a call today from the stud Katie has been put down as she has broken her leg
frown.gif
they dont know if she was kicked or she slipped. cant believe the poor girls luck she is absolutley devastated.to make things a little worse our YO ,who is also friend's with my pal, had her foal at midnight last night and as she helps the YO with her horses think she may struggle. i have told YO i will give her a hand if needed so friend can have some time away from the horses especially one thats just had a foal. sorry to go on but just feelin a little cr*p at how today has gone.
frown.gif
RIP katie x x x

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
That's horrid, really sorry for your friend; what a freak accident that was. It could have happened to any one of the many mares there; she must feel like she's been singled out for bad luck this year.

brackenhappy

Visit site
thanks. her luck is just not there at the mo. her mare (Tia) was the only one at the stud not pregnant last year! thats why Tia was gettin one last chance and she was sending Katie up in the hope that she would have at least one mare in foal. she was done by AI so was deffo in the field it happened her scan was due tomorrow as well.

Foxford

Visit site
Let's hope things go well with Tia this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. She seemed so excited about it all on Sunday too.
frown.gif

brackenhappy

Visit site
she was.we where talkin for ages on sunday after you left about Katie and her plans. shes to devasted to talk to anyone (understandable) at the mo so i'm gonna call her tomorrow see how shes gettin on.