Another criminal re Goldenstar

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
So inspired by Goldenstar, even though it's not nearly as funny, here's what happened to me yesterday.

We went for our usual jumping lesson. There were 3 of us. My friend on her young horse and a lady we hadn't met before. It turned out that the new ladies horse was greener than ours and had to have a different lesson at the same time over cross poles etc. We warmed up and after a few small fences the 2 of us worked up to about 8 jumps. We don't jump high about 70 cm max. Friends horse was extremely good and for once I felt good too. C was jumping really well and I hadn't made any of my usual horrendous mistakes.

So, you can see where this is going can't you?

Last exercise of the lesson is to put all the separate bits into one round. C jumped amazingly but after the last threw a HUGE buck, ejected me into the stratosphere which exploded my air jacket and then proceeded to buck around the school.

When I had recovered my breath, I am full of cold ATM, C was despatched to the other school to be lunged. Looking suitably chastened when she returned I borrowed a pair of Brave Pants remounted and jumped the round again. Fingers crossed that when I ride tomorrow all will be well.

Junebug44

Visit site
Well done you. I would like to know where said Brave Pants can be borrowed or otherwise obtained...!! I know I could do with a pair. :)

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Brave Pants were on loan from a very understanding instructor who is always encouraging. On today's ride I made sure that the route included a long uphill canter. It was a great idea too as C felt extra alert. That's what she gets for almost putting me in orbit.