Another Ebay rant!!

rcm_73

Visit site
I bought a Thorowgood saddle described as having the Fish system, however saddle turns up (all be it a bit late) without Fish. So I contact seller who says oops sorry forgot to put them in will post today..a week later I'm still waiting. Now this woman emailed me because I paid on the fourth day after auction end saying "I didn't realise it was going to take so long" (for me to pay) this was after I had emailed her explaining I was waiting for funds to clear and would pay as soon as. She then took a whole TWELVE days to post the saddle and then it was incomplete! I think sometimes sellers do this to fob you off until enough time has passed so you can't return it or open a dispute (it's happened to me more than once). I have a feeling that there are no bloody Fish for this saddle and she will probably keep fobbing me off or tell me they must have got lost in the post as her attitute stunk from the beginning. As it is, the saddle is too narrow anyway so the Fish will be no use to me but without them the saddle is worth less and has also been misadvertised. Would I have a case for a refund? Not sure how the Paypal thing works but the ebay dispute has never been worthwhile..

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
File a Paypal dispute because the item is 'Not as Described'. Keep the complaint factual & claim for your total money back including the postage..... why should you be out of pocket because of a misdescribed item. Paypal will give the seller time to reply. Stick with it & normally Paypal come down on the side of the buyer i.e.you. & you will get a full refund. Good Luck

Gamebird

Visit site
I sympathise with your situation, but you shouldn't really buy something though if you don't have the money there to pay for it immediately the auction has ended.

catymmh

www.manage-my-horse.com
Definitely file a complaint. This happened to me recently but not with an equine product. The seller then said they'd sent the missing part and low and behold it never ever arrived.

Go to the resolution centre with is in the menu at the top under HELP. You can start the whole process there. It doesn't take a long and I got my money back within 7 days. It's quite a quick process. Good luck I know how annoying it all is.

MagicMelon

Visit site
File a dispute. You'll easily get your money back as they are almost always on the side of the buyer in these cases.

Dont let them take too long to send everything etc. - Id expect it all within a fornight absolute max or else it would be dispute time!

Also agree with Gamebird though Im afraid. You shouldnt expect a seller to wait for your funds to clear as that isnt their problem. Funds should be in place at the time to avoid delays. I make it clear in my auctions that payment MUST be received in full within 3 days of auction end.

Spyda

Visit site
Hi, easy - file a complaint and ask for a refund sufficient to buy the fish for the saddle yourself.

Go into your My EBay page. Click to view your saddle. Click to view the PayPal transaction. Once on that page, near the bottom you'll see a link to the resolution centre. Note: before you click to go to the resolution centre, jot down the long alpha-numerical PayPal transaction number somewhere, you'll need it.

Once you've clicked to go to the resolution centre, follow the links to make a complaint. You'll be asked to enter the long number. As you progress you'll have the option to ask for e partial refund and state the amount you want. Progress from there. 99% chance you'll get the refund.

VLHIEASTON

Visit site
Untrue, buyers have 7 days to pay for something ! Unless the seller states in the listing otherwise or you had confirmed with seller that u wud be paying on day 4 beofre you made a bid, then there no problem, i think its sellers being greedy, and thats also the Ebay rules for buyers.....pay within 7 days.
Of course the later you pay then the pater you get your item,,,

You shud have opened a despute of non reciept after 7 days and it wud have arrived sooner.

You will get your money back but u must co operate exactly as Paypal asks and as soon as possible...but it may take 6 weeks for such a large amount of money...i have waited 6 weeks for 4o pounds once when item was not as described.

But, you will have to send back the saddler to her confirmed paypal address and by either recorded delivery or special delivery or via any TRACKABLE method, that is a must to get your money back.

pinktiger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I sympathise with your situation, but you shouldn't really buy something though if you don't have the money there to pay for it immediately the auction has ended.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto GB and the returns policy starts from when you get you winning item not from the end of the auction!!! sorry but think it wouldve annoyed me if you hadnt paid on time saying you didnt have funds!!!! thats not in the Ebay rules either!!