Another feed question, sorry!

Ellietotz

Visit site
Sorry for yet another question, I should really stop looking into what I feed so much but I want to keep it as balanced, natural etc as possible.

So I am stopping the Fast Fibre and I am going to feed just grass nuts, linseed, Equimins balancer powder and salt.

My question is, what quantity of grass nuts can be fed without influencing the balancer too much?

I can't feed chaff because she has gaps in her teeth and it's been getting stuck in her gums unless there is a super soft chaff available? She was on the Honeychop Lite and Healthy but it's too short and choppy which means now I have nothing to bulk feed out with.

Any suggestions for bulking up feed with would be great otherwise I will just soak grass nuts and hope they swell up enough.

Thank you!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I don't think you need anything to bulk it out, ours are fed just soaked grass/hay nuts.
agreed, they swell up loads IME. I feed emerald green as my horses think they are yummy, I think they are a bit more high octane than some available though.

Casey76

Visit site
I soak 1L of Agrobs hay cobs in 3L of water, and it puffs up to about 5-7L.

Recently I’ve been using Marstal Vito (it has garlic in it, so I won’t be getting it again), and 1.5L feed to 4L water = 8 or 9L of food.

Quite enough to satisfy my hungry boy!

Ellietotz

Visit site
agreed, they swell up loads IME. I feed emerald green as my horses think they are yummy, I think they are a bit more high octane than some available though.

I soak 1L of Agrobs hay cobs in 3L of water, and it puffs up to about 5-7L.

Recently I’ve been using Marstal Vito (it has garlic in it, so I won’t be getting it again), and 1.5L feed to 4L water = 8 or 9L of food.

Quite enough to satisfy my hungry boy!

This is good news! Thank you :D