Another Fireworks and Sorry Guys TOWNIES!

cazza

community.webshots.com
Ok these people are townies and they have rented a cottage on our estate and have been there now for just over a year. Last year they spoke to the estate manager about setting off fireworks and because we had no horses in the field by their house at the time the answer was yes.

Well this year they didn't bother to ask, and bearing in mind their cottage is surrounded by our fields in one it has about 300 sheep and 6 horses and to the rest of the cottage are our brood mares with foals at foot and in the other field at the end of their garden are out 3 year olds. They have many a time (without permission I hasten to add
mad.gif
brought friends and family and dogs into these fields to look at the pretty horses) So on saturday night when they let off an enormous firewords display pointing the fireworks into the horses field I think that they had a lack of brain cells. The estate manager bless him went up to tell them what for.

Any way on sunday (as I'm not stupid and am not about to walk into a field full of horses running in blind pannic) went out with the horses to check them over. I recovered 11 rocket debris stick which were stuck about an inch into the ground. And rescued two of the dried sweat covered horses out of the field as they had nasty wounds to their legs.

Well another visit to the stupid people in the cottage, and reason they didn't ask this year as they were allowed to last year! doh! gave them their fireworks debris that they hadn't bothered to collect out of the field as they were too embarressed and have been told by our estate manager to put all the vets fees aside as he was going to deal with it with them
smile.gif
. But it's not the point, how can people with kids think it's ok to point a firework at an animal when they wouldn't point one at a child. Beggars Belief!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Because they're townies - they don't understand animals like horses / farm animals get frightened by things like this. You should certainly let them see the wounds on your 2 horses legs as well so they can actually SEE what happens.

Glad your horses are ok (albeit walking wounded). Bloody idiots.

cazza

community.webshots.com
Yes, I know not all townies are like that but these ones have really driven me wild! Well they will get a shock when they receive the vets bills. Usually we would administer anything ourselves as our vet trusts us to do so. But I think in this case we we let the vets do it all and they can stump up for the bill. After all people like this only realise something is stupid when it hits their bank balance.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Absolutely agree, hit them in the pocket, the only way they will learn that they are not in a public park! I am fed up of people thinking that a field is a public space, despite it having horses in it. I keep saying that I am going to sit in their gardens and have a picnic.
smile.gif

Brontie

Visit site
No offence guys, But all the country guys, make out the townies are little bratts, and just because most are, ur giving the good ones a bad name, Like me ! ANyway, in this case ye, Stupid Townies!