Another *gush gush* Antifaz post *gush gush*

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Well, was thinking about taking him to our first show next weekend. This is, coincidentally, a few miles away from us so my fellow BOFers and I decided we should take our green horses to look around and make use of the facilities.
So I was a bit nervous. The Ginger One had a minor relapse last weekend, with some bucking and plunging but we worked through it and he became a good boy again. Taking the Ginger Beastie away from the yard for the first time (I don't think he's left in at least a couple of years!) was a bit scary. I wasn't sure how he'd take to the traffic (fortunately we could avoid the worst of it) or the new yard; would he spook? nap? generally be the Ginger Beastie of old...
Not a bit of it
grin.gif
We had a few 'twirly' moments with stray dogs (probably ME projecting my nerves too) but once on new yard behaved as if he'd been there for years. Jumped impeccably, much to amazement of Farrier (who'd told me horror stories, if you recall!) and my Other Instructor whose yard it is and who remembered Antifaz from his 'loony days'.
Farrier then put a bit of a damper on things by pointing out that the Ginger One had been jumping 1.20m tracks and that I should be jumping him higher... but surely that hardly counts if one had to be built like a Soviet Shot-putter to stop him and he was making matchsticks of the courses???
Anyway, I was very pleased with him and looking forward to competing him next weekend
smile.gif

ruscara

Visit site
That is so cool!
cool.gif
And how lovely that the farrier was there to see it, and that OI knows him of old. Ignore the 'should be jumping higher' comments, of course. And be proud!
smile.gif
Another feather in your cap, and the Ginger One's, too.

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I asked Farrier if he was calmer than he remembered and he said "Yes, he IS quiet with you"

[/ QUOTE ]
Smugness factor of 10 here for you PF! Kudos! LOL

[ QUOTE ]
And I said (rather cornilly I think
blush.gif
) "It's because we love each other"
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, good comment! This will have 'confused' farrier & made his brain hurt........!
Also ensure that word will spread ultra quickly that previous owners lost out on a good horse that is now (owned???...oh do get on with this PF! LOL) being jumped by a 'showjumping horse whisperer'.....people will be bringing their horses to you from miles around - you'll be famous!
grin.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I asked Farrier if he was calmer than he remembered and he said "Yes, he IS quiet with you"

[/ QUOTE ]
Smugness factor of 10 here for you PF! Kudos! LOL

[ QUOTE ]
And I said (rather cornilly I think
blush.gif
) "It's because we love each other"
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, good comment! This will have 'confused' farrier & made his brain hurt........!
Also ensure that word will spread ultra quickly that previous owners lost out on a good horse that is now (owned???...oh do get on with this PF! LOL) being jumped by a 'showjumping horse whisperer'.....people will be bringing their horses to you from miles around - you'll be famous!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his head DID hurt... he looked very, very nonplussed!! I even kissed the Ginger One on his big white nose when I said it
grin.gif

Would be lovely if other people sent their horses my way
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think his head DID hurt... he looked very, very nonplussed!! I even kissed the Ginger One on his big white nose when I said it
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Class...pure class! LOL And good for Antifaz, bless him!

[ QUOTE ]
Would be lovely if other people sent their horses my way
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be surprised if you didn't start to get a few enquiries! LOL