Another HHO foal!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Filly :) so relieved, I was quite anxious about having her foal down at home but she made fairly swift work of it when I turned up to give her tea :D placenta plopped out neatly and foal up on her feet, drinking and done some poops within 3 hours so we're all good for now ?

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I was only thinking of you earlier. So pleased all is well, many congratulations. Nothing quite like those special 1st.

I remember finding my 1st forest bred foal (just before I was due to play netball) and then subsequently breeding from her too. Precious memories.

Looking forward to plenty more pics. ?

milliepops

Visit site
Thanks PF. This one was special from the start, Salty was a pity purchase from the local crappy sales, she caught my eye in the catalogue because she shares the same sire line as Millie who I always wished I could have had a foal from..so it was sort of meant to be in a really sentimental silly way. I think she's going to be a great mum :)

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Aw, I hope she's everything you hoped for. I'd love to breed from my riding mare as she's the last one I had from my foundation mare but too frightened, I would hate to lose her.

I bought a foal 5yrs ago as she is related to my old boy through the sire line.

Good luck getting anything done for a while!?

milliepops

Visit site
Aw, I hope she's everything you hoped for. I'd love to breed from my riding mare as she's the last one I had from my foundation mare but too frightened, I would hate to lose her.

I bought a foal 5yrs ago as she is related to my old boy through the sire line.

Good luck getting anything done for a while!?
Fortunately I've got 4 weeks of leave to take before October so guilt free foal watching is possible ?

milliepops

Visit site
Congratulations to you and Salty! Any thoughts on a name yet?
Yes as a stable name I think I'm going to call her Hera. I love the Greek myths. Hera is the queen of the gods, Zeus's wife. and the goddess of family and women. And she was a feisty madam.
Plus her Roman counterpart is Juno, and she was born in June. Salty and the stallion have date/calendar related names so it all sort of works in my mind ? No clue on a posh name though, doubtless I'll be appealing for help on that ?

Northern

Visit site
Yes as a stable name I think I'm going to call her Hera. I love the Greek myths. Hera is the queen of the gods, Zeus's wife. and the goddess of family and women. And she was a feisty madam.
Plus her Roman counterpart is Juno, and she was born in June. Salty and the stallion have date/calendar related names so it all sort of works in my mind ? No clue on a posh name though, doubtless I'll be appealing for help on that ?
Love the name, funny I was toying with Juno for my new girl :p I love the Greek and Roman myths too, but haven't quite found one that fits yet. I love Artemis but already know a horse named that!

TheMule

Visit site
Welcome to motherhood! What a wonderfully civilised time to have a foal too, clever Salty. Enjoy your first few days, they are the cutest.
We are going to need lots of pictures!