Another home bred Shagya 4 years

Rollin

Visit site
This filly is full sister to our young stallion. Backed this summer, in between endurance training for her brother, she does her first 20kms endurance this weekend, then off for SJ training.

photo1_zpsb23fa01e.jpg

photo2_zps7d3f6cb1.jpg

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
Mmmmm that's a proper Arab... unlike my twee little thing with awful feet that I'm trying to rehab. You could have got the poo stains off her bot before taking the picture though!

Rollin

Visit site
Mmmmm that's a proper Arab... unlike my twee little thing with awful feet that I'm trying to rehab. You could have got the poo stains off her bot before taking the picture though!

Agreed. She had just been brought in from field for riding. Our stable jockey never stops taking pics with his phone. She looked so nice I had to post - poo and all!! I will tell him tomorrow.

Rollin

Visit site
As it is spelt. The foundation stallion was purchased in Syria he was called Shagya and was admired for his perfect conformation. He was big for an Arabian 15.21/2". Born in 1830 he was imported to Babolna, Imperial Stud in Hungary in 1836.

Rollin

Visit site
She's lovely, will she be kept barefoot?

I don't know. We only shod her brother when he started doing endurance on very stoney ground and then only in front.

We also found that SJ trainers want shoes. We will see. She and her brother both have very good feet and it was our farrier who advised there was no need to shoe.

HBM1

Visit site
This filly is full sister to our young stallion. Backed this summer, in between endurance training for her brother, she does her first 20kms endurance this weekend, then off for SJ training.

photo1_zpsb23fa01e.jpg

photo2_zps7d3f6cb1.jpg

Which foal is this Rollin? She's beautiful. Where are you sending her for SJ training?

Rollin

Visit site
We are going to start her in France, we know she loves to jump at liberty and on the lunge. Her backing was a bit stop start.

After Woody did his 60kms endurance and had some time off we committed a week to intensive training. She was amazing after four sessions trot and canter from gentle leg and on correct lead. After one week taken on a short hack alone without a walker. She is very brave.

Her breeding is same as Woody, her sire is EU Shagya champion Tatianjus who was an eventer. Dam sire Paris was a dressage horse in Germany. She is taller than both sire and brother and has more bone.

I ideally we would like both of them to go to Seb. Poirier for training but our pockets are only so deep and we have other youngsters to bring on.