Another hood question

ginnyspinner

Visit site
I have one of these with a full face - holes for eyes and ears, my boy wore it all night to keep his plaits neat and went out in it for a couple of hours in the morning before going hunting and he came to no harm. It was really tight though, i would go for a size larger than you think you need.

RachelB

Visit site
I don't think they stay on very well tbh, the one horse I've seen one of those on has it throttling him by morning! But I'd rather that one than one that covers the face. I would never turn out in anything other than a fly mask over the face, I've heard horrific tales about things like that. But one like the one you linked to would be fairly safe I reckon.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
These are normally used in the stable to keep plaits tidy for the next day. I suppose they could be used under a turnout neck cover but I've not seen them used for that.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I used the full face last yr on Mo & had to endure the comments Super Mo! If you do use them for turn out make sure the eyes holes are large enough not to cause a problem. It did a great job of keeping her face & mane clean. I may use it again this year I am sure Mo can live with the comments!!

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I definatley wouldnt advise you to turnout your mare out in this. This time last year my friend turned her horse out with one on and when she went to bring him in it was hanging over his head and he was going mental as he could not see. They are very flimsy and I would get a rug with a neck on it TBH.