Another How Much? *Don't open if they p**s you off*

severnmiles

Visit site
Although she's on Horseselect (from a few months ago) she's not actually for sale right now but I have had an offer, from someone who hasn't see the HS advert.

She's 15.2 chestnut yearling filly. By a warmblood stallion out of a Safawan mare. Regd SHGB, reg wormed, feet trimmed, vacs upto date. Shown twice, 2nd, 1st, Hunter Champion, Reserve Supreme. Sister(by dam to Shiner and Mr Christie) the latter is in H&H for 15k this week. Her full brother is for sale as a 3y.o next Jan for 5k and her yearling sister (same sire, dam is Rhi's dam's mother) and brother(same sire and dam is Rhi's dam's sister) - are up at 4k. She's straight moving and jumped 1m20 at 9months (out of the field the little mynx!). Oh and she'd entered Pavo in-hand class next Tuesday.

PHTO0017-2.jpg

PHTO0019-2.jpg

S_N

Visit site
Still trying to get my head around all her relations
tongue.gif

Urmmmm £4-5K? Def upper end of that if she does well in the PAVO class.....

*waits to be shot down"

severnmiles

Visit site
Lol! Well the old chap that bred them got given a Never So Bold mare (she was supposed to make over a hundred K at the yearling sales but injured herself and the big boss man gave her to him. He put her to Safawan and that was Rhi's mother, then he put her to someone else and Rhi's dam's sister was born. So he has mother and two daughters and usually puts them all to the same sire. It sounds inbred when you glance at it but its definately not!!
smirk.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
Sorry bit clueless with anything under 3!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, no offence taken! I'm usually a cheap skate about all of my horses...with the exception of this one!

katelarge

Visit site
If you paid, say, 3k for her as a foal than after a year's work I'd not want to let her go for less than 4.5-5k if I wanted to make some money on the deal. If she does well in the Pavo you might well clinch the 5k, so GOOD LUCK for it, you might even catch the eye of a buyer there, so make sure you smile at everyone watching! Let us know how she does.

BTW she has gravity-defying hair too! Nice extra touch!

severnmiles

Visit site
Lol! I called her Pippi Longstocking that day!

Yes, I think I'll hold on until Pavo has been before I make any decisions then.

voltaire

Visit site
I see another post that says something along the lines "well if you paid 3k for her then you'd want a bit more by now" - this assumes a) that you paid the right amount of money for the horse in the first place, and b) that the value of this type of horse has not dropped.

One thing I don't understand about people buying and selling horses. They automatically seem to assume that just because they paid X for a horse, that the X that they paid was the right sum to begin with.

Bottom-line....she's worth what someone is prepared to pay for her. But I saw an amazing filly with fantastic bloodlines etc for sale for just £3k the other day. So to me she would be worth at most £2.5k, but more likely £2k.

I think it's worth checking what one can get for the money before determining a price.

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I would have said anything between 4 - 6K is realistic, looking at the prices of youngstock atm. She looks lovely btw, and reminds me of my little tilly in the second piccie!!

Good luck with Pavo!!
grin.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
Well Voltaire, I agree with you in some respects.

But! I A) Didn't pay over the odds and B) Her dam is proven, the breeder thinks this one is twice the horse that S & MC are and LS says in the advert for MC, 'all the class to go 4*' which is what I told HM last Jan when he tried him. I think that yearlings that knowledgeable people think have the right attributes to make top level comp horses don't go for 2-2.5k.

Thanks for your opinion anyway.

sallyf

Visit site

I think that how much foals and yearlings are worth and fetch depends slightly were you are situated in the country.
I think we price ours sensibly , but find that we have alot of enquires from the south east.
They think they are priced sensibly , but we find that they wont travel down to Devon.
So i figure that horses in the South East of the country probably fetch more money.
That said we have just sold one to go to Notts and he didnt flinch at the price , didnt even try and knock us down.
Was just pleased to find stock that had been well handled ,looked after etc.