Another hows my filly doing?

hobo

Visit site
Spured on by classic astras post of her filly from 2010 I have a few of my June 2010 filly just in the field or on route to the stable.
A new vet had a peak at her when mare had her jab and said she was a 4.5 out of 5 on the fat chart she also said the mare was over weight even though I had not taken her rug off. She got my hackles up to be honest as I felt she was showing off in front of the student she had with her. She also said they are having horses die of worms because people are not worming now. I have had horses for 34 years so did not like her manner .
I do agree she is well covered but she only has a couple of mugs of stud balancer and add lib forage. Any way what do you think be gentle please.
shedsummer18mnts014.jpg

Summer19mnts004.jpg

I dont think there is any donkey in her but those ears are quite big lol.
Summer19mnts009.jpg

classicalfan

Visit site
You're vet's bonkers! She looks fab and about right for this time of year.
Most vets have a 'messiah' complex and are completely full of s*** (feel I'm suitably qualified to say that - but am working on my messiah complex daily :D)
What do you plan to do with her? She looks like she has a lovely personality.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
They are both lovely and look in perfect condition to me. Super even markings too. And those ears......all the better to hear you with mum! :)

mik

Visit site
Rubbish she looks excellent and not wormy or fat. Utter rubbish I think I would chase her off my land if she said that to me and these were mine.

eventrider23

Visit site
Awww Summer! Do not worry - she looks fab! She is built a lot like Saffy and same could be said by some vets of her but it is simply as they have decent bone and become wooly mammoths. Nothing I can see would worry me.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Hobo, she's gorgeous (you know I'm a sucker for horses with big ears :D)

Your vet is talking complete rubbish - there is no way she is fat, she looks perfect to me. What's her breeding?

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
I think she looks great too - and if she's as fat as your vet makes out, then so's my 2.5 yo...:rolleyes: and he's out 24/7 unrugged and gets about 1% bodyweight of hay and a tiny handful of chaff for vits and a supplement..!
love her ears too and gentle expression..looks a very nice person indeed :)

hobo

Visit site
Thanks guys I,m glad you don,t think she is grossly over weight just well covered and plenty of bone.
SS89 She is about 15h.h and I guess she is on an easy target for 16h.h.
Thanks ER23 I did wonder how she compared to her half sister.
JB her sire is Semper Spirit a german warmblood and mum is warmblood type breeding unknown.