Another livery one - anyone send their horses away when they go on hol

Tempi

Visit site
nope, i dont go away
frown.gif
and i have my mum to look after her for me, and people at the yard if i ever do!

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
We have quite a few holiday liveries here - I like them the best - we look after and exercise/horse for as long as the owner wants while they are away. It is especially beneficial for the ones that have been for schooling here as its means they can have a refresher while their owners are enjoying themselves.

SSM

Visit site
Mini Stonks went to a local livery yard which is owned by a top instructor/dressage rider - so livery and schooling! Will do the same again

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks... making me feel a little bit better about thinking of doing this for Hannah. Although she is in foal but I am confident she is a sane enough horse to cope with this (gulp!)

SSM

Visit site
She will be fine, MS enjoyed it no end, pulled off one of her new shoes within 5 mins of being there and had a holiday romance with an eventer call Solomon!!!!!!!!!! (little tart)

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Yes I sent my old mare away when I went on holiday for schooling - I knew where she was going and was happy that she was being worked correctly and looked after at a professional yard!

She was lovely when I collected her.

Hornby

Visit site
I take mine to a local stud/showing yard. They are friendly but v.professional (not afraid to call vet if needed - my mare got fly mastitis a few years ago but it was nearly better by the time I got back - cd have been nasty if left). The horses seem to enjoy the change of scene and I can rest assured they are ok.