Another newbie update

Sheep

Visit site
So, the new boy continues to go from strength to strength - he's putting on a bit of condition too, which is great. He has really come out of his shell, he is quite a character.

He had a couple of days of lighter work last week, after the dentist and physio - and went on his first hacks this weekend, with OH riding and me on foot. First was solo, just the 2 of us, and the second was with a friend (with me on foot again).
He is very good on the road, not remotely bothered by traffic, but he thinks the bogeyman lives down the drainage gullies at the side of the road. The good thing is he isn't really spooky, more just looky, so easily dealt with!

Had another lesson last night, so I'm figuring out how to ride him properly and also picking up on my riding fitness! He is very laid back, borderline lazy, but it's a nice change from mad/buzzy little mare. He's also still not really fully fit, and a growing boy, so I'm not terribly concerned.

His only misdemeanor so far is that yesterday, he decided he didn't want to wear his rug when he was in the field. He went out fully clothed and came in completely nude. Rug was at the top of the field, fully intact, all straps done up with the exception of the tail strap. I suspect he has possibly broken it when rolling or something, and the rug must have blown over his head. Eejit. Thankfully he hadn't rolled....

Saddler due out on Friday, can't wait.

Equi

Visit site
All sounds very positive! Most of mine are afraid of the drains...its very bizarre. I remember once having to literally lift my filly past one on her first ever road outing. Lucky she was only about 90kg at the time lol

Sheep

Visit site
All sounds very positive! Most of mine are afraid of the drains...its very bizarre. I remember once having to literally lift my filly past one on her first ever road outing. Lucky she was only about 90kg at the time lol

Lol this guy is 17hh so I don't fancy lifting him over a drain. We have a few around the yard so hopefully he will get used to them before too long!!

He's out today with new rug on. He had better still be wearing it when I go to yard later!