ANOTHER Parelli video

aro

Visit site
Thank you Parelli for making that most informitive video. Next time my horse wants to walk kindly at the side of me I will remind myself to flap my arms like a b****y chicken and wack her with a rope to cause her pain and confusion. Obviously we have been doing something wrong all these years by not using Parelli methods and I just can't see how I have a well mannered horse but now I have seen the light!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
i really felt sorry for that poor horse, you could clearly see its confusion by it's body language and eyes - but Linda was saying 'oh yes he's listening now' - like hell he was.

My horse comes straight to the gate when he sees me go to the field - he wants to be with me, he trusts me - if i started doing that parelli nonsense he would soon work out it was safer and less scary to keep away from me!

team barney

Visit site
I am glad you posted it rhino. Before any parelli-ites claim it has been edited it hasn't, although I am not responsible for posting the vid I know that it is the same as the DVD as I have had the dubious pleasure of watching that all the way through... far from pleasant viewing. It ends with advising you to tap your horse on the nose with a carrot stick to prepare for level 2!!!!!! Who in their right mind would hit their horse in the face for any reason let alone in preparation for training?

Jericho

Visit site
Don't usually post on these parelli threads but that was just absurd, cruel, confusing and fast track method to a neurotic horse. If I saw someone doing that to their horse I would think they were actually laying into it and would have to intervene!!!

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I was confused watching that, god knows how that poor horse felt :(

Yep me too! I don't want that kind of relationship with my horse - that humans are unpredictable irrational creatures to be feared. I couldn't bear to watch the whole thing. Breaks my heart that my sister is so much into parelli that she has spent thousands on it.

lhotse

Visit site
I have made my opinion known on YouTube, yes, I did go back and put the ** in the F word, wish I hadn't.
Distressing to watch, I can't imagine what is going through the poor horse's head. Nervous reck by no I expect.

MissMistletoe

Visit site
It's just another example of (a younger) PP showing off his total lack of feel, timing and empathy with yet another confused horse.

Bedlam

Visit site
I'm just not so sure that I can jump on this Parelli hating bandwagon to be honest, based on the videos posted at any rate.

The next time someone suggests a chifney for a bad leader or loader, or gives advice that a be nice or dually halter might help a youngster that is getting bolshy to lead, I'd ask you to consider how cruel these methods are in the hands of a novice. How dangerous is it when a horse does not respect your space and walks all over you? What do you do about it?

The ONLY 100% successful method of loading an unwilling horse I have ever witnessed is basically what Parelli does.

I'm not a disciple by any means, but I have done a course to find out about it, and I didn't find it so appalling or frightening that I have to attack it at every opportunity. I find it a bit odd that people do - I've never met anyone that has been on a course that hates it. Seems to be people that have a little knowledge that bash it relentlessly.

True - it's a money making machine. True - novices find it hard and often get it wrong. I think we could lump most equine disciplines under the same two generalities if we try hard enough.

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Run away horse owned parelli:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ueprRcH5B4

^^ if I gave my horse to parelli to try and load using this method or any parelli method he would cause serious damage to himself and parelli handlers. The ONLY way I know successful is PATIENCE and practice, not forcing them into the box and smacking their nose in any other direction they go but in the box. Going in the box needs to be made a pleasant experience not forced and hit.

Bedlam

Visit site
Still don't see what was so wrong with the method used to get the horse into the trailer to be honest. No hitting, no violence..........

Yes the horse turned round and left at the end, but it chose to go in the trailer, and probably would do time and time again.

I'm leaving this now because HHO is a very famous Parelli hating community and as such I rarely admit to being even remotely interested in his methods for fear of being jumped on by you all as a horse abuser.....!

snaptie

Visit site
Still don't see what was so wrong with the method used to get the horse into the trailer to be honest. No hitting, no violence..........

Yes the horse turned round and left at the end, but it chose to go in the trailer, and probably would do time and time again.

I'm leaving this now because HHO is a very famous Parelli hating community and as such I rarely admit to being even remotely interested in his methods for fear of being jumped on by you all as a horse abuser.....!

Yes, not actual hitting this time but a lot of undue pressure on a clearly insecure and frightened horse from someone seemingly more interested in showing off than the job at hand.

With all due respect, it is rather unfair of you to make a statement then claim you will never post or reply to others opinions.