another passport moan

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I always try to be a responsible horse owner and when I bought murphy from ireland 7 years ago with no passport I duelly set about getting him one, as I was going to show him I thought I'd get the JMB height cert - annual and now life height and add my BSPS reg to that and another reg i got. Now the JMB life height certificate is a true passport in that is has all the same parts as a normal one but instead of the vet doing the id once at registration it is checked by a different vet each year until life height certification. So in Murphy's case two differents vet over two years identified him as being Murphy.
So when DEFRA announced the new passport laws a few years back we thought the passport was fine. But NO DEFRA refused to acknowledge it and it makes me mad even now that after spending £90 on measurements etc that I had to fork out a further £40 to be registered with British Sports Horse Society (whom we chose as the time) so that they could take the JMB jacket off the passport and put a green BSHS one on instead. Yet DEFRA was at that time allowing people to fill in their own silhouette for £10 or however much it was.
Beauracy at its worse and in the 7 years of competing my horse I have only once been asked for his passport and that was the first time I attended a BSPS show over five years ago. Even when I took my horse to Ireland and back three years ago I was not asked for his passport at any point.
Ridiculous or what?
Sorry this is a long moan, I didn't want to high jack the other passport post.