Another question about stitches.. How long before back in full work?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
As you may or may not remember PF had 9 stitches in the outside of her cannon bone about 16 days ago. Vet said to start riding her 10 days after accident, when the stitches were taken out, but not to jump her. OK, fine.
Vet was supposed to check her out yesterday, and she did come to the yard but she neither trotted PF up, nor actually looked at the wound. She did, however, tell Fabian that I was to continue riding her as I was.
Frankly I find this rather annoying. I'd love to start jumping PF, she's sound and healing really well but I don't want to do anything to set her back.
Can anyone tell me (as a general guideline) how long it was after stitching their horse was back in full work?
Thanks..

lizzieuk1

Visit site
really you don't want to risk her banging the cannon bone until all the tissue has healed in the wound, i would guess at around 6weeks but why not just ring the vet and ask?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Well, the cut was on the outside, so very remote chance of her banging it, especially with boots.
I would call the vet except since she didn't actually LOOK at the wound I'm a bit loath to take her advice too seriously. Might call my own vet for an estimate.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I think I will Vici... Funny you should mention the vaseline. I've been putting Camrosa on it for the same reason! (that and reducing any chance of proud flesh
smile.gif
)