Another quiz..

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
A little bit crazy, that quiz.

You scored 7 out of 10
You scored higher than 71% of people who played this game!

I'm male, 50, with red-green colour blindness, playing on an uncalibrated laptop screen... For two of the "What number or letter do you see in the dots" I saw nothing, guessed, and got it right...

HEM

Visit site
A little bit crazy, that quiz.

I'm male, 50, with red-green colour blindness, playing on an uncalibrated laptop screen... For two of the "What number or letter do you see in the dots" I saw nothing, guessed, and got it right...

Is a bit! You did better than me!

I guessed a few and got them right also... I wondered if it I subconsciously choosing the correct ones?? Almost a subconscious educated guess?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
10 out of 10. But I do have freakishly good colour perception. The red dots took me a while of staring before I could see it

Annagain

Visit site
I got 100% - and found it really easy. I was 100% sure of every question, no guessing at all.

I also speak 4 languages (although only 2 fluently these days due to lack of use) so I fit the pattern of those with language skills having better colour perception. How the hell those two things are linked though I have no idea! It's also available on the Mirror if you can't bring yourself to give the Daily Mail the clicks. (I googled it to find another way!) https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/less-1-people-can-pass-14054792

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am 64 and got 7/10, better than 71% of people. It was the orange/red questions that stumped me. I do have a good sense of colour though, my great grandmother was a milliner and colour sense seems to run in the family. I can go to buy a garment to match something in my wardrobe and get exactly what I want without taking the original garment with me.

Reactions: HEM

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I got 8/10 and have spoken three other languages in the past but not for decades. Very interesting.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I got 8/10 and have spoken three other languages in the past but not for decades. Very interesting.

Did it mention foreign languages somewhere? That's interesting, I missed it. I did Spanish, French and German 'O'/'A' levels and went on to study French and Italian after that.

EventingMum

Visit site
I got 10/10 but don't have any talent for languages! I did French at school but approached it very much like a science following the rules rather than having a feel for it. The red dots was the hardest one for me, it took a minute to decide between 5 and S.

oldie48

Visit site
I didn't do very well 6/10 but I'm 70 with a cataract in one eye that will affect colour perception. Worryingly I often disagree with OH over colour and have always been convinced that I am right now I'm not sure!!!!

Palindrome

Visit site
6/10, I speak 3 languages and am in the sex category and age range that should do better. The language test didn't work for me either, apparently I am from Northern Ireland, who knew?

HEM

Visit site
It's really interesting seeing peoples results! I got 6/10 and really struggled!!

Crazy that people are getting 10/10 and finding it easy!! making me question my own eyesight! :oops:

oldie48

Visit site
It's really interesting seeing peoples results! I got 6/10 and really struggled!!

Crazy that people are getting 10/10 and finding it easy!! making me question my own eyesight! :oops:
I stayed with my big sis when she had a cataract removed and she was totally amazed at the colour she was able to see, she'd lost her ability to see clearly slowly so was totally unaware how dimmed everything had become. she still had a cataract in her other eye too but I suspect we all are slightly different to begin with.

Annagain

Visit site
I got 10/10 but don't have any talent for languages! I did French at school but approached it very much like a science following the rules rather than having a feel for it. The red dots was the hardest one for me, it took a minute to decide between 5 and S.

Actually now that you mention it, that was the hardest one for me - not because I couldn't see the shape clearly but because it was straight lines so could easily have been a digital 5 or an S. I decided it must be an S as the top loop and bottom loop were the same shape but that's all I had to go on.

JFTDWS

Visit site
9/10 - I would generally say my colour perception is pretty rubbish though!

I'm not "good" at languages, but I suppose I have qualifications in 3 (other than English, natch) and some proficiency in 3 more.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I stayed with my big sis when she had a cataract removed and she was totally amazed at the colour she was able to see, she'd lost her ability to see clearly slowly so was totally unaware how dimmed everything had become. she still had a cataract in her other eye too but I suspect we all are slightly different to begin with.

The colour difference is astonishing after a cataract operation. A friend had one eye done recently. Having had mine done, she was asking me what to expect. She sent me a one word text the next morning when she took off the pad:

EPIPHANY!