Another selling due to finances thread ...

maxapple

Visit site
Like someone else posted last week, I am also having to sell a much loved pony due to money.

I know I am very very lucky to have two others that I love dearly - but it's still really tough.

I bought her last year when we had our own little yard - but circumstances changed and we have had to move to livery. The gutting thing is that she is my perfect pony but the only one I can sell (I have a 19 yr old tb and a rescued pony) so my commitments have to be to them.

I hope she'll find a lovely home - she will be a cracking girl for someone lucky.

She went to a friends on sales livery on Friday. Thankfully I have very good friends who sorted out the transport etc as I couldn't bear to be there. I just hope she sells quickly as is it is taking all my strength to stop myself taking her back again. I keep looking at my bank balance to remind me why I have to sell her.

Pointless post really - just feeling sad. :(

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Bless you, I know how hard it is. I've had to go from 4 horses to 1 in a year, due to financial, time, stress, and health worries. I too have kept the one who can't be ridden, because quite frankly, he's no use to anyone else. I've been lucky in that 2 have gone to friends (one just on loan, the other i gifted on the understanding if she ever can't keep him I get first refusal). It's tough, but you have to be sensible- you can only struggle so much. I've cried buckets, but you know what? I've come out the other side with a huge sense of relief - I was just saying to my hubby the other day that we'd never have gotten through Winter if we hadn't cut down.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
OP I am deeply impressed that you have done the right thing by your horses ie you have kept the ones who need you more or who might not have the best chance of a good home, and let go the one who would. That's the way round it should be for a real horse lover, all too often people keep the ok one and try to palm off the oldies or the crocks.

I'm sure your pony will find a super home and good for you for being such a caring owner.

geegee1959

Visit site
So sorry you are having to do this,there are so many People going through tough times at the moment,i myself have had to let two Ponies go and cut down from four to two,it is really hard.I hope your Horse finds a fantastic home.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I'm sure you will find her a good home. I sold my mare and put my other pony (who was older) on loan and rode a friends pony to let my finances right themselves and even the 6months my boy was on loan and I only had shoes to pay for the one I was riding really got me back on track.

You will feel bad, I did but its best for them and for you.

Archangel

Visit site
It is very sad. Money problems are just crap :( Everything is just so expensive. I used to keep 5 horses for less than I keep 2 now.

maxapple

Visit site
Thanks everyone. It is hard but I'm sure she will find a nice home - she's such a sweetie.

I'd never even consider getting rid of my oldie and my rescue pony was a horror but is so happy now so he's staying with me forever. I can still ride them both - just can't do some of the things I'd like to but I'm still lucky.

Ill be fine once she's in a new home - it's just hard while she's still on sales livery as it feels like I could just go her her back again and just be overdrawn and broke forever.