Another tick in the check list

Theresa_F

Visit site
Have now had the little stinker one year and have achieved so much with him, cannot believe this time last year I was so unsure about getting a 16 month colt.

Now can proudly add

GOOD TO CLIP
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

First clip yesterday, he had a chaser clip - just ate his hay and sniffed me. I clipped him by myself and he was like he had always been clipped - no fuss whatsoever.

Last year he stood next to Mr C whilst he was being clipped and had clippers placed on him and has been trimmed with tiny trimmers over the summer, so I think this helped.

He looks very smart and will hopefully now be cooler when he has his little work sessions. Poor chap sweats up with 10 mins walk he is so hairy.

Now can say very good to catch, load and clip - not that he will ever be for sale.

Silly post, but I am just so pleased with him.

pagancluf

Visit site
Well done - wish me luck horse no.2 being clipped tomoz?!? we hope!?! I know what you mean - last year took clippers within 5 feet of horse no.1 and he bolted - just managed a traser clip last week - felt like running around village with knickers on my head!?!????! so fantastic!!

Tania29

Visit site
Has it been really a year since you got Chancer!! where does time go. So pleased to hear that he was an angel to clip, He`s coming on in leaps and bounds!!. How`s my large hairy beast?

Theresa_F

Visit site
Come and see him, he is very well and last week had great fun cantering off whilst I was leading Chancer off him, resulting in having to letting little un go - my arms stretch only so far. Luckily Chancer stopped and grazed.

Ella who is now 6 rode him all by herself in the school last week and was very pleased.