Ansiei youngstock?

McGrools

Visit site
Hi, anyone have any knowledge of progeny by this stallion? Researching TB stallions for my mare. She is a big sj type warmblood, hoping to breed something smaller and finer with more blood with eventing in mind.
many thanks. Any info appreciated. Xx

Ambers Echo

Visit site
My mare has just been covered by Ansiei though not sure if she's taken. I chose him for all the reasons you are considering: my ISH 16.3 mare is built like a tank! I read that progeny are generally level headed and doing well.

ihatework

Visit site
I don’t know how long he’s been covering for or how many he has on the ground/ages, I’m sure the owner will be able to tell you. I keep an eye on the pedigree of quite a few event horses and he is not something that has made any impact on event breeding (yet), this may in part be due to limited stock.
If your priority is temperament then I’d go and see what is offspring are like as people. If you are wanting assured performance he would be quite a gamble.

TheMule

Visit site
If you can, go and visit him at StallionAI, they're very nice and helpful.
He seems to have covered a small number of mares in Ireland (oldest now 11) with a couple of event horses having competed.
I think it's always a gamble using a horse that hasn’t been used much and who hasn’t competed themselves in the sport you're aiming to produce for, but it depends on your ambition and there aren’t many small Tb stallions with more provenance available for the sports horse market in this country.

Springs

Visit site
Hi we have Ansiei and he’s fully proven on the race track winning around £188,000 in a few runs on the flat while also been placed over the sticks. His youngstock are all over the place and have been with amateurs and professionals alike with one 8 yo is with Sarah Dowley in Ireland competing at CCI 3* L while another we have found is with Henrike in Germany just having fun.

feel free to visit him at StallionAI or emai/call me for more information

McGrools

Visit site
Thankyou everyone for taking the time to reply. I am local to Stallion AI so i will go for a visit. I have left it a bit late in the day for this year but may still have a last minute go. I would prefer to use a local stallion so i can go down the fresh route. She is 14 now, am i correct in thinking that frozen is slightly less potent? I havent got mega ambitions just after a nice trainable person that would find novice well within its comfort zone. Mare has plenty of jump and size just needs more blood. Many thanks again xx

ihatework

Visit site
Frozen has slightly lower success rates but if you are close to stallionAI and base the mare there, you might be worth considering frozen.

I think they have stocks of Road to Happiness xx which is a lovely stallion and being used on some decent mares.

TheMule

Visit site
Thankyou everyone for taking the time to reply. I am local to Stallion AI so i will go for a visit. I have left it a bit late in the day for this year but may still have a last minute go. I would prefer to use a local stallion so i can go down the fresh route. She is 14 now, am i correct in thinking that frozen is slightly less potent? I havent got mega ambitions just after a nice trainable person that would find novice well within its comfort zone. Mare has plenty of jump and size just needs more blood. Many thanks again xx

Late?
I'm only just about to start- May/ June foals are perfect, so much easier!
Chilled is the normal preferred option if managing from home and overnight postage is pretty reliable so you can use mainland UK easliy. High % blood stallions that I like offspring of are Up With The Lark and Take It To The Limit, they’re a bit older now but have made some nice useful lower level horses with good brains.

McGrools

Visit site
Late?
I'm only just about to start- May/ June foals are perfect, so much easier!
Chilled is the normal preferred option if managing from home and overnight postage is pretty reliable so you can use mainland UK easliy. High % blood stallions that I like offspring of are Up With The Lark and Take It To The Limit, they’re a bit older now but have made some nice useful lower level horses with good brains.

I like Up with the Lark also. On the short list. Xx

druid

Visit site
I think they have stocks of Road to Happiness xx which is a lovely stallion and being used on some decent mares.

Very much so - Paulank Brockagh's breeder is using him and she's very much a performance and pedigree person over fashion!

Springs

Visit site
Very much so - Paulank Brockagh's breeder is using him and she's very much a performance and pedigree person over fashion!

interesting as always keen to follow performance and we’re struggling to find anything on Road to Happiness xx own performance and the youngstock seem to have only competed to CSI4* S and 1.25m (claim of 1.40m on web site). just interested that’s all.

druid

Visit site
interesting as always keen to follow performance and we’re struggling to find anything on Road to Happiness xx own performance and the youngstock seem to have only competed to CSI4* S and 1.25m (claim of 1.40m on web site). just interested that’s all.

From memory his oldest stock are in the USA and doing well eventing